Sun Microsystems Certifications
Sun certifications provide IT professionals with industry recognized credentials that demonstrate competency through the assessment and validation of skill sets for specific job roles. This in turn enables job placement and career advancement in the highly competitive technology marketplace.
Here are the top reasons to get Sun certified:
1. Achieving a Sun certification improves your opportunity for professional advancement, including salary increases, job role changes and promotions.
According to Certification Magazine's 2005 Salary Survey, Sun Certified Programmers earn on average 8.3% more than the average certified application developer/programmer. Sun Certified Developers earn on average 14.3% more than the average certified application developer/programmer.
That same survey indicates that Sun Certified System Administrators earn on average 31% more than system administrators certified on other operating systems.
2. Sun certifications are relevant, valid, accurate, and reliable measures of the certification candidate's skills and knowledge.
Sun certifications go through a rigorous development process starting with a job task analysis or an understanding of what the IT professional does with the technology. The exams are created by technology experts. The development process also employs the science and discipline of psychometrics, which ensures that the certifications are relevant, valid, accurate, and reliable measures of the certification candidate's skills and knowledge.
3. The value of Sun certifications is recognized around the world.
- Finalist, Best Developer Certification: Sun Certified Java Developer - CertCities.com Annual Reader's Choice Award, 2002, 2003 and 2004
- Finalist, Best Linux/Unix Certification: Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris OS
- CertCities.com Annual Reader's Choice Award, 2004
- 2004 Most Recognized Certification Brand - China ComputerWorld, March 2005
- Best Training and Certification - CCID, May 2005
4. Certified IT professionals recognize that achieving a professional credential also offers non-financial benefits.
According to Certification Magazine's 2005 Salary Survey, certified IT professionals believe certification makes them:
- More credible with managers and colleagues
- More confident
- More productive with improved problem-solving skills
- More promotable