This course has been retired. Please view currently available Java Training Courses.
- Java programmers wishing to enhance their OO development skills.
- Delegates must have a good Java background, with at least 6 months hands-on experience following the Java for C/C++ Programmers or Java for non-C Programmers course, or equivalent. You must also have a thorough understanding of object-oriented concepts, which may be gained from one of our analysis and design courses, such as for the UML, or from an equivalent OO software development course. Your understanding should include: Encapsulation, and how to make best use of the Java public, protected and private modifiers
- Inheritance and polymorphism in Java
- Abstract classes and interfaces
- Object relationships, such as association and composition
- Using and defining packages
- And how to use existing code libraries, such as the core Java libraries, in your own project.