Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The delegate will learn how to integrate HTML5 and CSS3 features into their web site.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Constructing a HTML5 form
- Embedding audio and video
- Constructing graphics
- Constructing transitions and animations
- Building a responsive web page
- Establishing and using the user’s location
- Configuring elements to be draggable/droppable
- Writing to and reading from offline storage
- Constructing and using web sockets
- Consuming data from the server without the need for a request
- Cross domain messaging
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (3 topics)
- What is HTML5
- What is CSS3
- Browser Support
HTML5 Elements & Attributes (6 topics)
- Form Fields
- PForm Validation
- Semantic Elements
- Audio and Video
- Canvas and SVG
CSS3 Styles (4 topics)
- Generic Styles
CSS3 Responsive (5 topics)
- Responsive Web Design (Review)
- Responsive Grid Layout
- Media Queries
- Images and Videos
- Responsive Web Design Frameworks
Geolocation (5 topics)
- Information Sources
- The navigator Object
- Request Parameters
- Position Data
- Error Handling
Drag & Drop (4 topics)
- Source and Target Elements
- Draggable Attributes
- Drag Events
- The dataTransfer object
Offline Storage (4 topics)
- Local/Session Storage vs. Cookies
- The localStorage and sessionStorage Objects
- Local/sessionStorage methods
- The applicationCache object and events
WebSocket (5 topics)
- WebSocket vs. HTTP
- WebSocket (ws://) Protocol
- The WebSocket constructor function
- WebSocket Object Methods
- WebSocket Events
Server Sent Events (3 topics)
- Server Sent Events
- The EventSource constructor function
- EventSource Events
Cross Domain Messaging (4 topics)
- Same Origin Policy (SOP)
- Cross Domain Messaging
- Message Posting
- Message Receiving
Delegates should be able to:
- Build and style simple web pages using HTML & CSS
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
HTML & CSS
This 2-day course provides the skills required to construct and style a simple responsive web site using HTML and CSS.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.