HTML & CSS
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
The HTML & CSS course comprises sessions dealing with HTML document structure, tags, elements, and attributes, how to mark up and style headings, paragraphs, links, images, lists, tables, and forms. It also provides an introduction to HMTL5 and responsive web design – a must, given that modern web sites should look good on all devices.
The delegate will learn how to construct and style a simple web site.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Building simple web pages
- Marking up document content
- Adding links and images
- Creating tables and forms
- Laying out page content
- Styling HTML elements
- Separating style from content
- Building responsive web pages
The HTML & CSS course is designed for those new to web development.
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (11 topics)
- The World Wide Web
- Client Side vs. Server Side
- The web technologies
- Evolution of the World Wide Web
- What is Web 2.0
- Workings of HTTP
- The fundamentals of the web
- What is AJAX?
- The W3C
- Web Standards
- Web Accessibility
HTML Structure (4 topics)
- Tags, Elements, and Attributes
- Typical Document Structure
- Document Type
Simple Elements (4 topics)
Compound Elements (6 topics)
- Media Queries
CSS Structure (5 topics)
- Selectors, Properties, and Values
- Class and ID Attributes
- Inline, Internal, and External styles
- Block and Inline Elements
- The Box Model
Styles (4 topics)
- Generic Styles
- List-specific Styles
- Table-specific Styles
- Positional Styles
Complex Selectors (4 topics)
- Pseudo Classes
- Pseudo Elements
- Attribute Selectors
HTML & Responsive Web Design (5 topics)
- What is HTML5
- Responsive Web Design
- Responsive Grid Layout
- Introduction to Media Queries
- Responsive Web Design Frameworks
Delegates should be able to navigate the filesystem, edit a file and browse the web. No programming experience is necessary.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.