Understand People and Conflict
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Personal Skills Training Courses.
Course Topics (21 topics)
- Personal objective setting for the course.
- Handling conflict better.
- Create an action plan to resolve a real example where you wish to improve.
- Personal beliefs - how to empower your thinking.
- Levels of assertion and when to use them.
- Work association - how to encourage positive work association through 3 phases.
- Personal actions - what you will do to encourage positive working.
- SDI analysis explanation and discussion of the results.
- Identify your SDI profile.
- Understand how people in other areas of the SDI Triangle are motivated and what frustrates them.
- Exercise to identify the behaviours to adopt and to avoid when working with the various SDI 'behaviour colours' in your team.
- The three stages of conflict.
- Understand what conflict looks like / sounds like / feels like for others and how to pick up the signs.
- Causes of conflict - how to identify and understand your own.
- How to prevent escalation of conflict.
- Conflict strategies - prevention as well as resolution.
- First impressions.
- Planning your behaviour - create the plan that will give you the best results.
- Transactional analysis - the ego-state model.
- Rules of communication.
- Strategic questioning - using the 4 steps to success