Project Management for Non-Project Managers
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Effective Project Management skills are becoming increasingly important. Organizations need good Project Managers, at all levels, to successfully deliver the change projects that will enable the business to adapt, grow and achieve its strategic initiatives. This introductory course provides an essential insight into the core skills required to deliver small to medium size projects.
This highly interactive day uses a Case Study driven workshop approach to enable delegates to gain confidence in the use of well proven techniques in the areas defined above. It provides a firm foundation for ongoing further development of skills, through reading, more advanced training courses and practical “hands-on” experience.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the differences between project and operational work
- Define a high-level Business Case for the project
- Define a structured plan for the project
- Understand how to build a project schedule
- Identify project risks and assign mitigating actions
- Understand how to control a project and handle requests for change
- Understand the basics of motivating team members
- Understand the steps required to close down the project
This course is suitable for managers, potential project managers, work-stream leaders or team members who wish to gain an insight into the world of project management.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Contents (8 topics)
- Define differences between Project and Line Management
- Create a Project Initiation Document
- Break a project down into a series of dependant tasks
- Identify the Critical Path through a project
- Create a Gantt Chart Schedule
- Identify project Risk and Mitigating actions
- Control a project and handle requests for change
- Close down the project and extract "lessons learnt
No previous Project Management experience is needed.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|