Adobe Acrobat 8: Used with Microsoft Word
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This one day course is designed to help Microsoft Word users create professional looking documents which can easily be converted into interactive online Acrobat PDFs.
The first part of the day is spent on originating documentation within MS Word, while the second half concentrates on successfully converting the documents to Acrobat PDF format.
You will learn how to generate automatic links and bookmarks, how to control the appearance of your document and optimise your Acrobat PDF files for print or the web. Feel free to bring your own Word documents if you wish.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
FORMATTING THE MS WORD DOCUMENT (3 topics)
- Introducing Paragraph styles
- Applying Paragraph styles
- Modifying Paragraph styles
FOOTNOTES AND ENDNOTES (3 topics)
- Inserting and viewing footnotes and endnotes
- Moving or copying footnotes and endnotes
- Converting footnotes to endnotes and vice versa
CREATING A TABLE OF CONTENTS (5 topics)
- Using built-in heading styles
- Creating custom styles
- Modifying the TOC appearance
- Generating a TOC
- Updating a TOC
COMMENTS AND CROSS-REFERENCES (2 topics)
- Inserting comments
- Inserting cross-references
GENERATING PDF FILES FROM MS WORD (3 topics)
- Convert to PDF
- Convert to PDF and email
- Convert to PDF and send for review
MAIL MERGE TO PDF FROM WORD (1 topic)
- An overview of how to mail merge documents to PDF and send them out by email
ACROBAT CONVERSION SETTINGS (5 topics)
- Choosing a conversion setting
- Establishing application settings
- Adding security options
- Converting comments, cross-references, footnotes and endnotes
- About bookmarks and links
WORKING WITH ACROBAT (1 topic)
- What are PDF files?
THE ACROBAT ENVIRONMENT (3 topics)
- The Toolbar and the Status bar
- Navigating around a PDF
- Setting Open options
ADDING BOOKMARKS AND LINKS (3 topics)
- Manually creating bookmarks
- Manually creating links
- Editing bookmarks and links
EDITING THE PDF (2 topics)
- Performing basic text edits
- Using the Insert, Extract, Delete and Replace Pages commands
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.