MPLST: Implementing Cisco MPLS Traffic Engineering & Other Features
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This five-day course will enable customers to gather information from the technology basics to some of the more updated features and functions such as Traffic Engineering, Carrier Supporting Carrier and Any Transport over MPLS (AToM). The focus of the course is on technology issues of MPLS from the Service Providers perspective and how to configure some of those features and functions in an existing routed environment.
Customized training is available to emphasize the specific requirements of the customer's network and business demands. The course is delivered in a balance of lectures, hands-on labs, and white board discussions.
- Identify MPLS's peer-to-peer architecture and explain label allocation, routing update distribution and packet forwarding model in this architecture
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot service provider support using the MPLS Carrier supporting Carrier service.Identify the MPLS Traffic Engineering architecture and explain how MPLS implements traffic engineering, establishes the constraint-based path and assigning traffic to traffic trunks
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot MPLS Traffic Engineering.
- Implement a defined SLA using the MPLS QoS services
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot layer-2 services using the Any Transport over MPLS service.
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot IPv6 support in a MPLS environment.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
MPLS VPN Review MPLS Label Assignment and Distribution Frame-Mode/Cell-Mode (4 topics)
- Populating the LFIB with MPLS labels
- Packet propagation across an MPLS network and PHP
- Configuring MPLS VPN's
- The use of Route Distinguishers and Route Targets
Carrier Supporting Carrier (CsC) (3 topics)
- Benefits of CSC
- How CSC works
- CSC Models: Native IP, MPLS and LDP, MPLS and EBGP, MPLS VPN's
MPLS Traffic Engineering Technology (9 topics)
- What is Traffic Engineering
- Business drivers for Traffic Engineering
- Traffic tunnels: Concepts, Characteristics and Attributes
- Constraint based Path Computation
- Role of RSVP
- Implementing TE policies
- Propagating TE link attributes with Link-State Routing
- Path setup and maintenance
- Traffic Flow modifications and autoroute
Configuring MPLS Traffic Engineering (5 topics)
- MPLS TE on the interface
- MPLS-TE support in OSPF and IS-IS
- Explicit and dynamic path options
- Link protection
- Bandwidth control
MPLS Quality of Service (4 topics)
- QoS models
- MPLS support for DiffServ
- Configuring QoS in Cisco IOS modular QoS CLI
- QoS implementation
Any Transport over MPLS (AToM) (2 topics)
- How AtoM works
- AtoM configuration
MPLS IPv6 support (3 topics)
- Implementing Ipv6 over MPLS
- Benefits of deploying Ipv6 over MPLS backbones
- Cisco 6PE
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites:
- CCNA or equivalent knowledge
- BSCI - Building Scaleable Cisco Internetworks course
- BGP - Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers Course
- QoS – Implementing Cisco Quality of Service
- MPLS – Implementing MPLS
or have equivalent knowledge. Practical experience with deploying and operating networks based on Cisco IOS and network devices is strongly recommended
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Implementing Cisco MPLS
A 5-day Training Course on MPLS Implementing Cisco MPLS; focuses on MPLS technology issues as they apply to service providers and configuring new features
BGP: Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers
A 5-day Training Course on BGP: Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers; gives the skills needed to configure and troubleshoot BGP networks in customer environments
QOS: Implementing Cisco QOS
A 5-day Training Course on QOS: Implementing Cisco QOS provides students with in-depth knowledge of IP QOS requirements, case studies & lab exercises
Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions
This 5-day course provides the skills required to install, operate, configure, and verify basic IPv4 and IPv6 networks.