Microsoft Excel 2016 / 365 Intermediate
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required to use more advanced formulas and work with various tools to analyse data in spreadsheets, such as sorting, filtering, conditional formatting and auditing. You will also organise table data and present data as charts. You will discover how Excel spreadsheets are constructed and be given a clear path on how to create templates. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
Please note this course contains a taster session on PivotTables. Detailed training on this subject is covered in our Microsoft Excel 2016 / 365 Advanced course.
- Calculate with advanced formulas
- Audit formulas using the auditing tools
- Work with Excel tables
- Organise worksheet data so that data can be sorted and filtered
- Create and modify Charts
- Create Excel templates
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Analyse data with Recommended Pivot Tables
This course is aimed at end users who have taken the following course or have equivalent knowledge: Microsoft Excel 2016 / 365 Introduction.
This course is suitable for users of Microsoft Excel 2016 or 365 subscription editions. If you're attending a public scheduled course, the course will be delivered on Microsoft Excel 2016.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Calculating Data with Advanced Formulas (10 topics)
- Use Excel's Quick Analysis Tools
- Using Mixed References in Calculations
- Work with Range Names
- Calculating across Worksheets
- Exploring Excel's Function Categories
- Analysing Data Based on Criteria
- Working with Text Functions
- Calculating with Financial Functions
- Using Logical Functions
- Applying Lookup Functions
Auditing a Worksheet (4 topics)
- Finding Cells
- Finding and Resolving Errors
- Using the Watch Window
- Evaluating a Formula
Mastering Excel Tables (2 topics)
- Introducing Excel Tables
- Using Advanced Table Tools
Organising Worksheet Data (3 topics)
- Apply Basic Sorting to a Data Range
- Advanced Sorting
- Summarise Data with Subtotals
Charts (4 topics)
- Understanding Charts
- Create a Chart
- Modify and Format a Chart
- Analyse Data Using Sparklines
Working with Templates (3 topics)
- Create a Hyperlink
- Adding Comments
- Work with Templates
Analysing Selected Data (4 topics)
- Applying Basic Filters
- Advanced Filters
- Use Database Functions
- Use Outlines to Organise Data
Apply Conditional Formatting (3 topics)
- Conditional Formatting
- Customising Conditional Formatting
- Sorting and Filtering by Colour
An Introduction to Pivot Tables (2 topics)
- Understanding Pivot Tables
- Analyse Data with Recommended Pivot Tables
Appendix - Inserting Illustrations (4 topics)
- Insert Images into a Spreadsheet
- Insert Shapes into a Spreadsheet
- Group and Layer Graphics
- Create basic spreadsheets
- Select and edit data
- Perform basic formatting
- Open, close and save files
- Create basic formulas - AutoSum
- Use Insert Function to create built-in functions
- Work with absolute references
- Use the AutoFill feature
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Microsoft Excel 2016 / 365 Introduction
This 1-day course provides the skills necessary to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Office Excel 2016 worksheets.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.