M5119: Supporting the Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System and Applications
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to use a Windows Vista operating system image and application package deployment infrastructure to minimize the downtime at the Windows Vista client.
The desktop support technicians can use this infrastructure to improve the support experience in the following scenarios:
- New installations
- Single computer migrations
- Single computer reinstallations
The course also provides guidance on how to install application packages on Windows Vista computers for support scenarios that require application updates or reinstalls.
The audience of this course is experienced enterprise level IT Professionals who focus on a broad range of desktop operating system, desktop application, mobile device, networking, and hardware support issues. As working professionals, students must combine technical expertise with problem solving and decision making skills and a deep understanding of their business and technical environments to quickly resolve support issues. They consider all variables, justify resolutions with a logical troubleshooting approach, and relate tradeoffs to business and technical requirements and constraints.
Students will have used Windows XP-SP2 and may have experience with Windows server operating systems. Their job requires them to stay knowledgeable and skilled on new versions and updates of technology as defined by the business environment.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Preparing to Apply Desktop Images (4 topics)
- Identifying the Support Scenarios
- Preparing the Target Computer
- Backing up the User State
- Reviewing the User State profile and Completing the User State Checklist
Supporting Computers with Desktop Images (2 topics)
- Obtaining the Desktop Image
- Verifying the Desktop Image Application
Restoring and Validating User State (2 topics)
- Restoring User State
- Verifying User State
Preparing to Install an Application Package (2 topics)
- Preparation Steps for Installing an Application Package
- Testing Application Packages
Creating and Deploying an Application Installation Package (2 topics)
- Application Package Deployment Methods
- Creating the Application Packages
Troubleshooting Application Installations (3 topics)
- Application Installation Troubleshooting Techniques
- Troubleshooting Deployed Application Settings
- Troubleshooting File Type Associations