M5051: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This two-day workshop teaches messaging specialists to monitor and troubleshoot an Exchange Server 2007 messaging system. Students will learn how to correlate client and server issues and resolve those issues. They will also learn how to monitor systems and create reports from the monitoring data.
The audience for this course includes people with experience with Exchange Server 2007 or previous versions of Exchange Sever. These people will have experience installing and configuring Exchange Server, configuring recipients and mailboxes, and supporting Exchange Server clients. People coming into the course are expected to have at least three years experience working in the Information Technology field—typically in the areas of network administration or Windows Server administration—and one year of Exchange Server administration experience.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Exchange Server Monitoring and Troubleshooting (3 topics)
- Introduction to Microsoft Operations Manager
- Introduction to Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2007
- Using MOM to Monitor Exchange Servers
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Client Performance and Connectivity (3 topics)
- Tools for Monitoring Client Performance and Connectivity
- Process for Troubleshooting MAPI Clients
- Process for Troubleshooting Client Access Server Clients
Troubleshooting Access to Resources and Messages (3 topics)
- How Public Folder Access Works
- How Calendaring Works
- Process for Troubleshooting Client Access Server Issues
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Mail Flow (3 topics)
- Tools for Monitoring Mail Flow
- Process for Troubleshooting Internal Mail Flow
- Process for Troubleshooting External Mail Flow
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Mailbox Servers (3 topics)
- Tools for Monitoring Mailbox Servers
- Process for Troubleshooting Mailbox Servers
- Guidelines for Troubleshooting Mailbox Server Performance
Monitoring and Troubleshooting External and Additional Services (3 topics)
- External and Additional Services Required by Exchange Server 2007
- External Services Required for Unified Messaging in Exchange Server 2007
- Tools for Monitoring External Services
Identifying Trends in a Messaging System (2 topics)
- Tools for Identifying Trends in a Messaging System
- Information Required to Identify and Resolve Trends
This workshop requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- Fundamental knowledge of network technologies including DNS and firewall technologies.
- Experience administering Exchange Server 2007.
- Experience with the Windows Server 2003 operating system.
- Experience with Active Directory directory service in Windows Server 2003.
- Experience with managing backup and restore on Windows Servers.
- Experience using Windows management and monitoring tools such as Microsoft Management Console, Active Directory Users and Computers, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and IIS Administrator.
- Experience using Windows networking and troubleshooting tools such as Network Monitor, Telnet, and NSLookup.