M5051: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Exchange Server Training Courses.
Introduction to Exchange Server Monitoring and Troubleshooting (3 topics)
- Introduction to Microsoft Operations Manager
- Introduction to Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2007
- Using MOM to Monitor Exchange Servers
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Client Performance and Connectivity (3 topics)
- Tools for Monitoring Client Performance and Connectivity
- Process for Troubleshooting MAPI Clients
- Process for Troubleshooting Client Access Server Clients
Troubleshooting Access to Resources and Messages (3 topics)
- How Public Folder Access Works
- How Calendaring Works
- Process for Troubleshooting Client Access Server Issues
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Mail Flow (3 topics)
- Tools for Monitoring Mail Flow
- Process for Troubleshooting Internal Mail Flow
- Process for Troubleshooting External Mail Flow
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Mailbox Servers (3 topics)
- Tools for Monitoring Mailbox Servers
- Process for Troubleshooting Mailbox Servers
- Guidelines for Troubleshooting Mailbox Server Performance
Monitoring and Troubleshooting External and Additional Services (3 topics)
- External and Additional Services Required by Exchange Server 2007
- External Services Required for Unified Messaging in Exchange Server 2007
- Tools for Monitoring External Services
Identifying Trends in a Messaging System (2 topics)
- Tools for Identifying Trends in a Messaging System
- Information Required to Identify and Resolve Trends
This workshop requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- Fundamental knowledge of network technologies including DNS and firewall technologies.
- Experience administering Exchange Server 2007.
- Experience with the Windows Server 2003 operating system.
- Experience with Active Directory directory service in Windows Server 2003.
- Experience with managing backup and restore on Windows Servers.
- Experience using Windows management and monitoring tools such as Microsoft Management Console, Active Directory Users and Computers, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and IIS Administrator.
- Experience using Windows networking and troubleshooting tools such as Network Monitor, Telnet, and NSLookup.