Fiber to the Home in Next Generation Networks
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Next generation networks are likely to need to deliver High Speed Internet (HIS), Voice and IPTV. High Definition IPTV may require very high access bandwidth so new loop installations will probably require fiber loops. There are many new options for loop and access aggregation network design. This course will examine the new fiber technologies now available, consider the advantages of each and provide an understanding of how a Next Generation Access network can take advantage of Ethernet over fiber options.
Using an effective mix of “hands on” equipment instruction and correlation to theory based learning the delegate will gain a complete understanding of the equipment and the tasks to be undertaken in a real life situation.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe the different fiber optic technologies available for Next Generation Loops
- Consider in detail the advantages of each technology
- Consider the sizing and design of a NGN access and aggregation network
- Select the appropriate Ethernet technology standards for deployment.
Next Generation Network Design Requirements (3 topics)
- Next Generation Network Requirements
- Loop Requirements
Fiber Optic Technology Options (4 topics)
- Fiber optics subsystems
- FTTH, FTTA, FTTP, FTTC, FAITH,
- Multi-mode and Single mode fiber engineering
- Transmitters and receivers
Wavelength Considerations (4 topics)
- Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM)
- Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Course Wavelength Division Multiplexing (CWDM)
- Difference between Passive and Active Optics
Access Subsystems (8 topics)
- Passive Optical Networks (PON)
- ITU-T G.984
- ATM Passive Optical Networks (APON)
- Broadband Passive Optical Networks (BPON)
- Gigabit capable Passive Optical Networks (GPON)
- Ethernet Passive Optical Networks (EPON)
- Transition from SONET/SDH to Ethernet based systems
- Carrier Ethernet-Based Converged Services Infrastructure
Ethernet in the First Mile and the Backhaul (8 topics)
- IEEE 802.3 options
- Optical Ethernet Options
- Ethernet in the first mile
- 1000BASE-LX, 1000BASE-SX
- 10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LX4, 10GBASE-ER
- 10GBASE-LR, 10GBASESW, 10GBASE-LW, 10GBASE-EW
- IEEE 802.1Q VLANs
- Q-in-Q and MAC-in-MAC
Aggregation and Protection Options (3 topics)
- Aggregation Options
- Building Aggregated Backhauls
- Rapid Packet Ring (RPR)
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Understanding Next Generation Architectures
A 2-day Training Course in Understanding Next Generation Architectures; Evolution & uses of next-gen technology; TV, Video, Multi-Media, & Voice over IP.
Telecoms Fundamentals For Professionals
A four-day training course on Telecoms Fundamentals for Professionals. Covering fixed line, wireless, datacommunications, VOIP and Triple Play.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.