User Acceptance Testing
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This User Acceptance Testing course offers training in the methods and procedures required by staff who are engaged in the key user acceptance phase of an IT project. With the increasing emphasis on the involvement of user staff in the sign-off of systems into production, it is now essential to make sure that they are equipped with the concepts, background, and formal techniques that facilitate this.
This course enables business users to ensure that the system developed meets specified business requirements and is 'fit for purpose'. No technical background is assumed. Interspersed with lecture sessions, delegates work in teams to practice the techniques covered. Working from sample business system documents, delegates identify acceptance criteria and test conditions, perform risk assessment, create test scripts and carry out reviews of the results.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles/strategies of testing
- Define user acceptance criteria and their place in testing Identify test conditions and assess risk
- Produce test data and test scripts Review test plans
- Carry out testing in a structured, practical and cost effective manner
The course is aimed at business users who will be involved in testing that a system meets the agreed business requirements.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Principles of Testing (3 topics)
- Definitions of testing
- Problems/limitations of the testing process
- Principles of testing approaches to minimise problems
Test Strategy (3 topics)
- Levels of testing which may be used, and objectives of each
- Categories of conditions which must be tested
- The Strategy Matrix
Reviewing Requirements (1 topic)
- How to review requirements for classification, testability, risk, granularity and conflict
Risk Assessment (3 topics)
- Business risks defined
- Factors contributing to risk
- Assessing risk
User Acceptance Criteria (5 topics)
- Defining user acceptance criteria based on requirements
- How user acceptance criteria will be used
- How to formulate and word the criteria
- Ensuring all aspects of user acceptability are covered
- The use of checklists
Identifying Test Conditions for User Acceptance Testing (3 topics)
- Definition of the test condition
- Methods of deriving test conditions
- Reviewing for completeness, clarity and balance
Test Cases and Test Scripts (5 topics)
- Definition of the test case
- Base data and input data
- Sources of data
- How to specify test cases as a test script
- How to assess test coverage
Reviewing Test Specifications (3 topics)
- The need to review test specifications
- Criteria for quality user acceptance test specifications
- Desk checking, informal review and structured walkthroughs
Delegates should ideally have a broad understanding of the principles of IT.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.