Transforming XML using XSLT Style Sheets
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
XML has rapidly become a de-facto standard for exchanging data between applications and organisations. The growth of XML has led to the emergence of XPath and XSLT as standard ways of accessing and transforming content in an XML document.
XPath and XSLT are a natural combination. XPath is a declarative language that allows content to be located in an XML document. XSLT style sheets define template rules, using XPath expressions to locate XML content, and then transform the selected data into another form.
This course explores the XPath language in detail, showing how to locate XML content by value, position, and type. It then shows how to use XSLT to transform XML documents into a different dialect of XML, HTML, or a text format such as EDI files. The course also shows how to filter unwanted data, and how to generate new XML content from scratch.
The course is based on the latest World Wide Web Consortium standards for XPath and XSLT.
This course is a mixture of instructor-led tuition with separate practical sessions for each chapter designed to help reinforce the techniques covered in the lecture material. It has a high practical content. Delegates will write and apply many different style sheets during the practical sessions, to explore the full range of capabilities available in XPath and XSLT.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Contents (10 topics)
- Locate content in an XML document using XPath
- Write XSLT style sheets to transform XML documents
- Apply XSLT style sheets statically or dynamically to XML documents
- Generate new XML content using XSLT
- Perform repetition and conditional logic in an XSLT style sheet
- Sort documents, and control textual and numeric output
- Define and use named templates
- Parameterise template rules and style sheets
- Coordinate multiple XML documents using style sheets
- Reuse, customise, and extend XSLT style sheets
- Designers, architects, and developers who need to manipulate and transform XML documents using XPath and XSLT.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .