M5105: Deploying Microsoft Windows Vista Business Desktop
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Windows Vista Training Courses.
Preparing to Deploy Windows Vista (6 topics)
- Overview of the Windows Vista Desktop Deployment Process
- Tools and Technologies Used in the Desktop Deployment Life Cycle
- Process and Team Guidance Using Business Desktop Deployment 2007
- Provide guidelines and considerations for an effective and efficient Windows Vista business desktop deployment.
- Describe the tools and technologies used throughout the desktop deployment lifecycle.
- Use Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment 2007 as a resource for deploying Windows Vista business desktops.
Application Compatibility Remediation (5 topics)
- Resolving Application Compatibility Issues
- Introduction to the Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
- Lab: Evaluating Application Compatibility Using the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit
- Describe the process used to resolve common application compatibility issues during an operating system deployment.
- Inventory and analyze application compatibility information using the Application Compatibility Toolkit
User State Migration (5 topics)
- Overview of the User State Migration Task
- Introduction to the User State Migration Tool 3.0
- Lab: Migrating User State Using the User State Migration Tool
- Describe the tools and configuration process for performing a user state migration task.
- Migrate user and computer settings using the User State Migration Tool.
Computer Imaging Technologies for Windows Vista (5 topics)
- Overview of Windows Vista Installation Architecture
- Implementing a Windows Vista Imaging System
- Lab: Customizing and Imaging a Windows Vista Business Desktop
- Describe the architecture of the Windows Vista imaging system.
- Determine which tools are required to implement a Windows Vista imaging system.
Deploying Vista by Using Lite Touch and Zero Touch (5 topics)
- Overview of Lite Touch and Zero Touch Deployment Methods
- Deploying a Lite Touch Scenario by Using BDD 2007
- Lab: Performing a Lite Touch Upgrade by Using BDD 2007
- Select an appropriate deployment method based upon an organization's infrastructure management process.
- Deploy the Windows Vista operating system using the Lite Touch methodology.
Securing a Windows Vista Desktop (5 topics)
- Overview of Desktop Security
- Security Enhancements in Windows Vista
- Lab: Securing a Windows Vista Desktop
- Describe considerations and technologies used to secure desktops that run Windows Vista.
- Secure a desktop running Windows Vista.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience deploying Windows client systems.
- At least one year of experience managing a Microsoft Windows desktop operating system environment.
- Familiarity with standard client and application deployment methods such as Group Policy, disk imaging, and Systems Management Server (SMS).
- Familiarity with the Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) Solution Accelerator.