M5105: Deploying Microsoft Windows Vista Business Desktop
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to successfully deploy Microsoft Windows Vista business desktops throughout their organization. Students are introduced to the deployment life cycle, which consists of planning for the deployment, building and customizing the deployment method, and then implementing the actual deployment. Students are introduced to the tools and guidance to be used throughout various stages of the deployment life cycle.
This course is intended for IT Professionals, Desktop Configuration Administrators, and technical decision makers with the skills to successfully plan and deploy desktop operating systems, provision desktop computers, and deploy service packs and updates to computer systems. The intended audience is also involved in setting the strategic direction for the desktop operating system and applications.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Preparing to Deploy Windows Vista (6 topics)
- Overview of the Windows Vista Desktop Deployment Process
- Tools and Technologies Used in the Desktop Deployment Life Cycle
- Process and Team Guidance Using Business Desktop Deployment 2007
- Provide guidelines and considerations for an effective and efficient Windows Vista business desktop deployment.
- Describe the tools and technologies used throughout the desktop deployment lifecycle.
- Use Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment 2007 as a resource for deploying Windows Vista business desktops.
Application Compatibility Remediation (5 topics)
- Resolving Application Compatibility Issues
- Introduction to the Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
- Lab: Evaluating Application Compatibility Using the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit
- Describe the process used to resolve common application compatibility issues during an operating system deployment.
- Inventory and analyze application compatibility information using the Application Compatibility Toolkit
User State Migration (5 topics)
- Overview of the User State Migration Task
- Introduction to the User State Migration Tool 3.0
- Lab: Migrating User State Using the User State Migration Tool
- Describe the tools and configuration process for performing a user state migration task.
- Migrate user and computer settings using the User State Migration Tool.
Computer Imaging Technologies for Windows Vista (5 topics)
- Overview of Windows Vista Installation Architecture
- Implementing a Windows Vista Imaging System
- Lab: Customizing and Imaging a Windows Vista Business Desktop
- Describe the architecture of the Windows Vista imaging system.
- Determine which tools are required to implement a Windows Vista imaging system.
Deploying Vista by Using Lite Touch and Zero Touch (5 topics)
- Overview of Lite Touch and Zero Touch Deployment Methods
- Deploying a Lite Touch Scenario by Using BDD 2007
- Lab: Performing a Lite Touch Upgrade by Using BDD 2007
- Select an appropriate deployment method based upon an organization's infrastructure management process.
- Deploy the Windows Vista operating system using the Lite Touch methodology.
Securing a Windows Vista Desktop (5 topics)
- Overview of Desktop Security
- Security Enhancements in Windows Vista
- Lab: Securing a Windows Vista Desktop
- Describe considerations and technologies used to secure desktops that run Windows Vista.
- Secure a desktop running Windows Vista.
- Experience deploying Windows client systems.
- At least one year of experience managing a Microsoft Windows desktop operating system environment.
- Familiarity with standard client and application deployment methods such as Group Policy, disk imaging, and Systems Management Server (SMS).
- Familiarity with the Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) Solution Accelerator.