Advanced Fibre Core Networks Design and Optimisation
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This is a one-day workshop on state-of-the-art fibre optic systems.
- Describe the Characteristics of ITU series standard DWDM Fiber systems
- Appreciate the fundamentals of optical modulation systems used
- Compare and contrast Raman Amplifier systems that can be used
- Identify the loss and reflectance characteristic requirements for high optical amplification systems
Sales engineers and other roles requiring a technical review of the latest advances in fibre networks.
Optical Network Systems DWDM Wavelengths (8 topics)
- Evolution of modulated coherent fiber systems
- Types of Fiber
- Characteristics of a G.652 single-mode optical fiber cable
- Characteristics of a G.654 cut-off shifted single-mode optical fiber and cable
- Characteristics of a G.657 bending-loss insensitive single-mode optical fiber
- Comparison of Standard fiber cables
- Ultra-High-Density Ribbon Cables: 1728, 3465
- Splicing and fiber care needs to keep losses down
Optical Modulation Systems (9 topics)
- G.694 50 GHz spacing
- Spectral Efficiency
- ITU G694.1 flexible grid pattern
- How Transmission Modulation Works
- Phase Modulation
- Amplitude Modulation
- Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM)
- Polarity Modulation
- Comparison between modulation systems and efficiency
Optical Amplifier Systems (8 topics)
- Amplification for long distance systems
- How Raman fiber amplifiers work
- Polarization-Dependent Booster Optical Amplifiers (BOAs)
- Polarization-Independent Booster Optical Amplifiers (BOAs)
- Core-pumped erbium-doped Raman fiber amplifiers (EDFAs)
- Amplifier Operating Bands: C Band, E Band, L Band, O Band
- Launch Fiber loss and reflectance requirements for EDFA systems
- Comparison between example amplifier products
Potential students should have a good understanding of fibre & optical networks.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Designing Fibre Optic Systems
This 4-day course provides and understanding of how Fibre Optic systems can be designed and deployed.