Telecommunications Billing Introduction
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This 2-day course, encompasses the entire billing process, end-to-end, providing a comprehensive overview and basis for further training. A soundly implemented billing system is critical to the competitive success of the modern carrier. It is the prime focus for:
- First class customer care provision
- Innovative service bundling and pricing for capturing market share
- Cost-effective end-to-end service provision through carrier to carrier interconnection
- Efficient revenue assurance and fraud control
- Data mining of customer information
This 2-day course forms the first part of our 5-day Billing program which offers a comprehensive introduction to the main types of billing systems and services available in modern telecommunications. The other courses in this program are Interconnect Billing, IP Billing and Billing for GSM, GPRS and 3G Mobile Systems. Each course can be taken individually or as a 5 day program.
Introduction (11 topics)
- The Principle of Billing
- What about data?
- Billing can be for:
- Volume Billing
- Always on
- IP Billing
- Interconnect/Interadministration Billing
- What makes a good Billing System?
Boundaries and Interfaces (5 topics)
- Defining the major areas of Billing Support Systems (BSS)
- The end-to-end generic billing process flow
- Interfacing and co-dependant critical systems - marketing, finance, OSS, network management
- Making a call and the key billing system information at the service provider, customer and account levels
- How the levels are linked to support billing processes
The Service Order Process (4 topics)
- Acquiring customers and gathering their information
- Credit checking options
- Data structures
- Information security issues
Mediation and Event Processing (6 topics)
- What is Mediation?
- Carrier Challenges
- Mediation Requirements and Features
- Collection, Filtering and Consolidation
- Presentation and Distribution
- Return on Investment
Rating and Pricing (8 topics)
- A Huge range of Options
- Least Cost Routing
- Tariffing Tables
- CDR Formats
- Some CDR Record Formats
- Different Rates for Different Customers
Billing and Collection - Invoicing the customer (3 topics)
- The Bill and the Engines
- Convergent Billing
- Convergence Models
Interconnect Introduction (2 topics)
- What is interconnect?
- Why interconnect matters
Fraud management (5 topics)
- How Big a Problem is this?
- Criminals are Lazy
- Types of Fraud and Fixes
- Don't Spend too Much
Calling Cards (5 topics)
- Calling Cards and Accounts
- Cards and Batches
- Life Cycles of Batches and Cards
- Charging for Calling Cards
- ASRs, Redial Causes and Least Cost Routing
Premium Rate Dialling (3 topics)
- Cheap International Calls
- Ranges of Access Numbers
- Example Operators, websites and charges
Delegates should have good understanding of telecommunications principles.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Telecoms Fundamentals For Professionals
A four-day training course on Telecoms Fundamentals for Professionals. Covering fixed line, wireless, datacommunications, VOIP and Triple Play.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.