Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Deployment App Layering and WEM
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Designed for experienced IT professionals, delegates will learn to build & combine App Layers to optimize management of apps and desktop images and implementation of Workspace Environment Management to improve log-on times, centralize user settings management, and optimize the performance of machines. On completion of this course you will have a good understanding of managing the more complex solutions and features in your Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktop 7 site.
Delegates will gain knowledge of:
- Configuring Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- Migrating to Workspace Environment Management
- Creating and Administering OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers using App Layering Skills
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud wanting to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops skills to an advanced level. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to App Layering (2 topics)
- App Layering Introduction
- Architecture and How it Works
The OS Layer (1 topic)
- Creating an OS Layer
The Platform Layer (1 topic)
- Creating a Platform Layer
The App Layers (1 topic)
- Creating App Layers
Creating Elastic App and User Layers (2 topics)
- Elastic App Layering
- User Layers
Deploying a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (2 topics)
- Using Templates in App Layering
- Using Layered Images in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
Exploring Layer Priority (1 topic)
- Layer Priority
Maintaining an App Layering Environment (3 topics)
- Updating Layers
- Maintaining and Updating the App Layering Environment
- Common App Layering Considerations and Additional Resources
Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM) (2 topics)
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Introduction
- WEM Administration
Using WEM to Centralize Environment Management (3 topics)
- Managing User Resources with WEM
- Managing Profiles with WEM
- Managing Endpoints with the WEM Transformer Feature
Using WEM for Performance Optimization (2 topics)
- Optimizing Machine Performance with WEM
- Optimizing User Experience with WEM
Using WEM to Secure Environments (1 topic)
- WEM Security Features
Migrating and Upgrading WEM (3 topics)
- Migrating to WEM
- Upgrading a WEM Deployment
- WEM Multi-Location Considerations
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Strong foundational knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.
- Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course: CWS-215 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premise and In Citrix Cloud
This 5-day course provides the skills required to effectively install, configure and manage Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|