Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in the enterprise
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Continuously explore, integrate, deploy, and release value
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Coordinate the development of large solutions
- Enhance their Lean-Agile leadership skills
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in their enterprise
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
This course is designed for those that want an overview of the SAFe framework – but is steered more towards leadership looking to go through a transformation than any other roles.
Exam name: SAFe® 5.1 Agilist Exam
Exam format: Multiple choice
Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
Number of questions: 45
Passing score: 34 out of 45 (76% passing score)
Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact [email protected] for any retake questions.
Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
SAFe Agilist certificate
A SAFe 5 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Applying a Lean-Agile mindset with SAFe Agilist Certification | Based on version 5.1 of SAFe. (13 topics)
- Applying a Lean-Agile mindset with SAFe Agilist Certification Based on version 5.1 of SAFe.
- To perform the role of a Lean-Agile Leader, you should be able to:
- Interpret the basic constructs of SAFe and the steps of the Implementation Roadmap
- Exhibit and apply a Lean-Agile mindset
- Apply SAFe's Lean and Agile principles to SAFe roles and practices
- Build high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Use transformational leadership to drive change, develop people, and encourage innovation
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful program execution
- Drive continuous value delivery through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Align strategy and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and Suppliers with a Solution Train
There are around 3 hours of mostly video-led learning – supported by additional reading – that will be accessed through the SAFe community platform (https://community.scaledagile.com/s/). An account will need to be set up for this, but all instructions and support will be provided. This will be sent to all learners approximately 1 week prior to the course start date.
QA’s virtual courses are delivered using the collaboration tool Miro – so all learners must ensure they have access to this prior to the course starting. An account will not be required to access, and a link will be shared by the trainer on the course starting.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5.1 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
Experience in ScrumAll are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5.0 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.