ONF-OCSA 2.0 Certification
This 2-day or 12hr self-paced workshop will focus on the 5 Domains of SDN; Networking Concepts, SDN Concepts, Openflow, P4 and SDN Architecture, Eco-System and Opensource.
The ONF-OCSA has been popular throughout recent years, the OCSA 2.0 will continue this trend. The main intention of this workshop is to prepare the students for the updated ONF-OCSA-2.0 exam.
Students attending this course will:
- Get a clear perspective of SDN and its principles and insight into role of SDN in Service Provider and Carrier Networks.
- To gain knowledge in Planning and Designing small to medium sized networks based on SDN.
- Explain the role of Interfaces and Protocols governing SDN operation.
- Get a broader understanding of the role of ONF and other standard making bodies that play a key role in laying the road map for SDN.
- Understand the evolution of Openflow and its various facets that determine the behaviour of (OF) packet forwarding based on the SDN Controller.
- Understand the key open-source projects in the SDN eco-system.
- Learn various types of Industry approved (vendor specific and Opensource) Controllers and Switches, their unique operational identity and architecture.
- Explore the P4 Packet Processing Language with reference to Hardware Agnostic Switching and forwarding.
- Learn about the protocol independent switch architecture and P4 programming concepts such as Parsing, Compiling, Deparsing etc.
This Course is suitable for Sales Engineers, Product Managers, Architects, Product developers, Network Engineers, Sales Representatives, Network Engineer, Automation Programmers, and any other roles wishing to start their journey into SDN and NFV.
Additional knowledge areas will be covered keeping Industry needs in perspective. The training is delivered by certified instructors with rich industry experience and years of working with SDN forums as subject matter experts.
Overview of Networking Concepts (19 topics)
- OSI and TCP/IP models
- Fundamental elements of networking
- Connection-oriented vs. connectionless protocols
- Ethernet networks
- Collision domains and broadcast domains
- Routers vs. switches
- Layer 2 technology,
- Layer 3 technology.
- Overview of Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGP)
- Optical networking fundamentals
- IP Network Services
- IP Technology (ipv4 and ipv6)
- Packet Filtering.
- Longest Match
- OvS basic commands
Fundamental characteristics of SDN (11 topics)
- Roots of SDN
- Forces, 4D and Ethane Projects
- SDN Value Proposition
- SDN Use Cases
- 6 Principles of SDN
- Plane Separation
- Simplified Forwarding Element
- Centralized Control
- Network Automation
SDN Architecture (9 topics)
- SDN Architecture
- SDN architectural components
- Application Plane and ACPI
- Data Plane and DCPI
- Control plane
- Management Plane
- Northbound and Southbound API's
- East/West API's
- SDN Applications (service chaining, vnf, Analytics)
OpenFlow (6 topics)
- OpenFlow Protocol specification
- Openflow Controller
- Openflow Switch
- OF Ports and OF Messages
- OF Secure Channel and DPID
- OF Version specific Operations
Opensource Controllers and Switches (5 topics)
P4 Programming Concepts (16 topics)
- Ingress Processing
- Egress Processing
- P4 Runtime Control
- P4 Runtime Protocol functions
- ASIC pipeline programming modes
- P4Runtime Agent
- P4 Switch Abstraction
- P4 Runtime Multi-Vendor
- Open Network Linux Platform
- Baremetal Switch
Some basic experience in networks and telco is expected. Basic modules on Layer 2 & 3 can be added for those without.