Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This 1-day course looks at Interconnect billing, the money charges to and paid to other carriers. This is increasingly becoming the major part of the revenue of many non-incumbent operators in EMEA and elsewhere.
This course looks at this area and exposes some problems and potential pitfalls.
This 1-day course forms part of our 5-day Billing program which offers a comprehensive introduction to the main types of billing systems and services available in modern telecommunications. The other courses in this program are Telecoms Billing Introduction, IP Billing, and Billing for GSM, GPRS and 3G Mobile Systems. Each course can be taken individually or as a 5 day program.
Introduction (8 topics)
- What is interconnect?
- Why interconnect matters
- The interconnect agreement
- Settlement variations
- The interconnect business process
- Concepts and Terminology
- Interconnect call scenarios
The Evolution of Interconnect (11 topics)
- Accounting Rate
- Sender keeps all
- Element Based Conveyance (EBC)
- Number Translation Services
- Interconnect for ISPs
- Web Hosting
- Revenue share models
- Interconnect and Number Portability
- Call forwarding
- Centralised database
- How retail differs from interconnect
The fundamental Interconnect components (19 topics)
- Management of reference data
- CDR mapping, completion, repair and enhancement
- The rating process
- Interconnect rating styles
- CDR and bulk rating
- Distance and destination based
- Volume and Commitment levels
- Revenue sharing
- Post pricing
- Invoicing and Taxation
- Summaries and Reports
- Reconciliation processes and standards
- Least Cost Routing
Implementing an Interconnect Billing Solution (3 topics)
- Roles and resources
- Outline implementation plan
- Scalability and resilience
The Future of interconnect (15 topics)
- Competitive pressures
- Voice and data trends
- The impact of technology on interconnect
- 3G services
- IP interconnect
- IP event records
- QoS issues
- Billing for IP services
- The IP billing value chain
- The total business solution for interconnect
- Interconnect churn
- Fraud and interconnect
- "Operator Care"
- Interconnect for the Board
- Extending the boundaries of interconnect
Delegates should have a background in telecoms and basic understanding of telecommunications billing principles.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Telecoms Fundamentals For Professionals
A four-day training course on Telecoms Fundamentals for Professionals. Covering fixed line, wireless, datacommunications, VOIP and Triple Play.
Telecommunications Billing Introduction
A 2-day training course covering an introduction to telecommunications billing systems and architecture for telecoms professionals.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.