CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The QACRIA course leads to the CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA) examination, which supports career advancement in incident response.
This is the first cross discipline course of its' kind that covers the essential knowledge and hands-on practical skills needed for intrusion detection, incident handling, computer/network forensics and malware reverse engineering.
This course raises the bar and sets a new security baseline for existing practitioners and aspiring Intrusion Analysis and Digital Forensics professionals. Every team member should take this course at some point along their career path. Following this course a student may challenge the CREST core skills exam resulting in the CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA) professional qualification.
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of an incident response team
- Existing practitioners wishing to become CREST Registered
- System administrators who are responding to attacks
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Digital Forensics
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes in order to understand information security implications
- Anyone meeting the pre-requisites who is considering a career in Intrusion Analysis or Digital Forensics
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day 1 (10 topics)
- CRIA - Course Introduction and review of main syllabus areas from CPIA
- A4-Record Keeping-Interim Reporting and Final Results
- Exercises for B3-Common Classes of Tools
- Exercise for B9-File System Permissions
- Exercise for D1-Network Traffic Capture
- Exercises for D2-Data Sources and Network Log Sources
- Exercises for D2 - stretch
- Exercise for D4-Unusual Protocol Behaviour
- Exercise for D11-Internal spread and privilege escalation
Day 2 (9 topics)
- Review of day 1
- Exercises for E4-Windows File Structures
- Exercises for E6-Windows Registry Essentials
- Exercises for E6 - stretch
- Exercise for E9-Memory Analysis
- Exercises for E10-Infection vectors
- Exercises for E10 - stretch
- Lab 1 scenario
- Lab 1 scenario - stretch
Day 3 (7 topics)
- Review of day 2
- Lab 2 scenario
- Lab 2 scenario - stretch
- Lab 3 scenario
- Lab 3 scenario - stretch
- Knowledge Check
- Exam preparation
A pass at CPIA level is a pre-requisite for the Registered Intrusion Analyst examination.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst
This 5-day course provides the skills required for intrusion detection, incident handling, computer/network forensics and malware reverse engineering.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|