Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Deployment, Troubleshooting, Security and Administration
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Students will learn techniques to investigate many of the common issues that can affect environment health and how to solve issues more effectively in the advanced troubleshooting section. Students will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-location environments with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, Cloud Connectors and HDX.
- Product Versions Covered: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2203 LTSR.
- How to implement advanced administration concepts such as backups, disaster recovery, scalability and redundancy for a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 Site
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7
- Security considerations and configurations for Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 site including multi-site management using zones
Designed for experienced IT professionals this course builds on the foundational implementation and management skills introducing scalability, redundancy and security configurations.
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to us your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Configuration (3 topics)
- StoreFront and Citrix Gateway
- Site Infrastructure
- Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
Module 2: Planning: Redundancy and Scalability (4 topics)
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Redundancy and Scalability
- StoreFront and Citrix Gateway Redundancy and Scalability
- Site Infrastructure Redundancy and Scalability
- Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
Module 3: Planning: Virtual Apps and Desktops Environment with Multiple Locations (7 topics)
- VDA Registration in a MultiZone Environment
- Zone Preference
- Optimal Gateway Routing and Zones
- StoreFront Resource Aggregation
- Managing StoreFront Store Subscriptions in a
- MultiLocation Environment
Module 4: Planning: Backups and Disaster Recovery (3 topics)
- Disaster Recovery Considerations
- Disaster Recovery Process
Module 5: Planning: Advanced Authentication Methods (3 topics)
- Multifactor Authentication RADIUS and One Time Passwords (OTP)
- Multifactor Authentication - Smart Card Authentication
- Federated Authentication
Module 6: Planning: App and Data Security (3 topics)
- Introduction to Application Security
- Preventing Jailbreak Attacks
- Minimizing the Impact of Attacks
Module 7: Planning: Virtual Delivery Agent Security (3 topics)
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) Encryption
- Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and Citrix Policies
- Image Management
Module 8: Introduction to Troubleshooting (3 topics)
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Resource Tools and Utilities
- Introduction to PowerShell
Module 9: Troubleshoot Access Issues (4 topics)
- Troubleshooting StoreFront
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway - Workflow and Troubleshooting Overview
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway Troubleshooting Access and Authentication
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway Troubleshooting App/Desktop Launch
Module 10: Troubleshoot Delivery Controller Issues (1 topic)
- Validating FlexCast Management Architecture (FMA) Services
Module 11: Troubleshoot Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) Registration Issues (1 topic)
- Troubleshooting Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) Registration
Module 12: Troubleshoot HDX Connection Issues (1 topic)
- Troubleshooting HDX Connections
Strong foundational knowledge of:
Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
Active Directory, Policies, Profiles, Networking and Hypervisors.
Previous administrative experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Deployment and Administration
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premise and In Citrix Cloud
This 5-day course provides the skills required to effectively install, configure and manage Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, App Layering, and WEM Administration (Fast-Track)
This 5-day fast-track course provides the skills required to install, configure and manage a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 environment.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)