Mastering Power Apps
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Mastering Power Apps is a 3-day training class designed for students who are ready to move their Power Apps skills to the next level. Students will cover advanced topics necessary for building more complex apps as well as look at best practices for creating and maintain apps.
Delegates will learn how to
- Compare functionality available between basic and advanced licensing plans
- Differentiate between the types of apps available within the Power Platform
- How the Common Data Service (CDS) fits in with Power Apps
- Use connectors and connections
- Understand delegation
- Use grouping
- Use components
- Use Dropdown and combo boxes
- Use Charts in apps
- Use the timer control
- Master the use of galleries and forms
- Understand records and tables
- Use functions to shape tables
- Understand and use variables (Global and local)
- Understand and use collections
- Use the Patch function
- Administer Power Apps and the Power Apps environment
- Import and Export apps
- Work with versions
- Use SharePoint as a data source
- Replace SharePoint forms with Power Apps
- Call Power Automate flows from Power Apps
- Use Power Apps to upload files to SharePoint
- Create responsive apps
- Use relative styling
- Validate data
- Optimise for Performance
- Use monitoring and testing tools
This course is aimed at existing Power Apps makers who wish to improve their app development skills. This course is suitable for advanced users, IT staff and developers who wish to gain an insight to app development with Power Apps.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Review of Power Apps essentials (1 topic)
- This introductory module has a review of the course prerequisite skills to ensure that there are no gaps in the student's knowledge. This will include: Creating and publishing apps, ways of creating and running apps, basic app components (screen, controls setting properties), use of formulas and functions and standards and guidelines. This app will also look at Power Apps licensing and the different types of apps that can be created, including those apps dependant on the Common Data Service (CDS).
Advanced Controls (1 topic)
- The student's prerequisite knowledge will have introduced them to the most common controls used in creating Power Apps. This module will extend that knowledge to examine some advanced uses of the basic controls as well as using controls that are used less often. The module will also have a more in depth look at connectors and connections and will discuss delegation issues. This module will also look at control grouping and the use of reusable components in your apps.
Advanced data operations (1 topic)
- The advanced data operations module starts with an examination of records and tables and the functions used to shape them. The use of variables and collections are examined, and the module finishes off with an examination of the Patch function used for advanced data updates.
Administration (1 topic)
- This module looks at the different levels of administration required with Power Apps, and the tools used for this. The module also looks at Environments, solutions, data policies and data integration. Although the CDS is not covered in detail on this course, and introduction to it will be included in order to cover the topics in this module. This module also looks at saving, publishing and working with versions as well as importing and exporting apps.
Working with SharePoint (1 topic)
- The module on working with SharePoint covers three topics. The first of these looks at the differences when SharePoint is used as a data source as opposed to other data sources. The second topic look at replacing SharePoint forms with Power Apps forms, and the final topic looks at how to use Power Apps and Power Automate together to upload files to a SharePoint library.
Optimising Power Apps (1 topic)
- This module will introduce various optimising techniques to students. Topics in this section will include creating responsive apps and use of relative styling. This module will also look at data validation and optimising apps for performance. Finally, some of the tools to help app makers are introduced.
Students should already be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint Online. It is also recommended that students have some hands-on experience creating Power Apps. Attendance of the QA course Microsoft PowerApps Essentials (QAPAESS) can be used to provide the pre-requisite skills for this course.
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|