Introducing Cisco NX-OS Switches and Fabrics in the Data Center
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The Introducing Cisco NX-OS Switches and Fabrics in the Data Center (DCINX) course gives you a technical overview of the Cisco Nexus Switches key capabilities including platforms, architecture, software, management, and features that contribute to performance, high availability, flexibility, operational simplicity, and investment protection. The course is for technical decision makers and IT professionals who architect, implement, and manage Cisco Nexus switches in data center environments. You will have hand-on practice exploring key features including Virtual Device Contexts (VDC), First Hop Redundancy protocols (FHRPs), and user management.
The Configuring Cisco Nexus Switches (DCCNX) course may also be taken after this course in order to learn how to configure the Cisco Nexus Switches using Cisco® NX-OS.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the platforms that make the Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, 3000, and 2000 product families
- Implement Cisco Nexus
- Explore Cisco Nexus basic features
- Describe virtual device contexts
- Describe port channels and virtual port channels
- Configure First Hop Redundancy protocols
Individuals looking to understand the common platform architecture and key features of the Cisco Nexus Series of Switches.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Identifying Cisco Nexus Platforms (4 topics)
- Cisco Nexus 7000 and 7700 Series Overview
- Cisco Nexus 5600 Series Overview
- Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Overview
- Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Overview
Implementing Cisco Nexus Platforms (3 topics)
- Cisco Nexus in Data Center Architecture
- Cisco NX-OS Software
- Licensing Model
Managing Cisco Nexus Platforms (5 topics)
- Cisco Nexus Command-line Interface (CLI) and GUI Management Interfaces
- Cisco NX-OS Setup Utility
- PowerOn Auto Provisioning
- Cisco NX-OS User Management
- User Account and Role Configuration
Describing Virtual Device Contexts (VDC) (3 topics)
- Virtual Device Context
- VDC Types
- VDC Resources and Resource Templates
Describing Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels (4 topics)
- Port Channel Operation
- vPC Concept and Benefits
- vPC Architecture
- vPC Control and Data Plane
Configuring First Hop Redundancy Protocols (3 topics)
- Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) Overview
- Virtual Router Redundancy ProtocolVRRP) Overview
- Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (GLBP) Overview
Labs (5 topics)
- Explore Cisco Nexus Platforms
- Configure User Management
- Configure VDC and User Management
- Configure and Verify vPC
- Configure FHRP Protocols
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with Cisco data center technologies - DCFNDU, DCICN, DCICT, DCCOR
- Understand networking protocols, routing, and switching - CCNA
- Understand business and application requirements
- CCNA - Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions
- DCFNDU - Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions
This 5-day course provides the skills required to install, operate, configure, and verify basic IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations
This 5-day course provides an introduction to Cisco technologies that are deployed in the data center
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.