Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine specialization. The specialization as a whole will teach you how to implement solutions using Google Kubernetes Engine. In this course, Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine: Production, each module aims to build on your ability to architect with GKE, and includes hands-on labs for you to experience functionalities first-hand. In the access control and security module, you'll learn how to define Identity and Access Management roles for GKE, as well as Kubernetes Pod security policies. There's no way to deliver a reliable and maintainable solution unless you've built an infrastructure for logging and monitoring. Monitoring your application lets you make decisions about it based on data rather than on gut impressions. Lastly, you'll be introduced to use cases for a range of GCP managed storage services within Kubernetes applications. You could implement your own storage systems, and that's a valid choice. But using managed services can get you into production faster, so they are worth your consideration.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Understand how software containers work
- Understand the architecture of Kubernetes
- Understand the architecture of Google Cloud Platform
- Understand how pod networking works in Kubernetes Engine Create and manage Kubernetes Engine clusters using the GCP Console and gcloud/ kubectl commands Launch, roll back and expose jobs in Kubernetes Manage access control using Kubernetes RBAC and Google Cloud IAM Managing pod security policies and network policies Using Secrets and ConfigMaps to isolate security credentials and configuration artifacts
- Understand GCP choices for managed storage services Monitor applications running in Kubernetes Engine
This class is intended for the following participants: Cloud architects, administrators, and SysOps/DevOps personnel Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud Platform.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (11 topics)
- Module 0: Welcome and lab access
- Module 1: Introduction to GCP
- Module 2: Introduction to Containers and Kubernetes
- Module 3: Kubernetes Architecture
- Module 4: Kubernetes Operations
- Module 5: Deployments, Jobs and Scaling
- Module 6: Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) Networking
- Module 7: Persistent Data and Storage
- Module 8: Access Control and Security in Kubernetes and GKE
- Module 9: Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) Logging and Monitoring
- Module 10 Using GCP Managed Storage Services with GK
To get the most out of this course, participants should have: Completed Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure or have equivalent experience Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.