Defensive Security Of Microsoft 365 - Hands On
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
We power your Microsoft 365 security capabilities through our immersive 2-day course featuring hands on labs. Learn Offensive and defensive skills to secure Microsoft 365 environments, ensuring you are equipped and ready to handle security issues from a typical cyber kill chain. Your future. Our passion. Let’s go!
This course covers Microsoft 365 security features pertaining to various Microsoft 365 subscriptions: Business, E3, E5.
The event contains 3 modules:
Infrastructure protection — Protecting Domain Infrastructure using Microsoft 365 components.
Don't pay a Ransom — Protect and recover your data from ransomware attacks.
Data leakage prevention — protecting corporate data from unintentional or intentional sharing
Delegates will learn and deploy both offensive/defensive methods to secure Microsoft 365 deployments. This course covers Microsoft 365 security features pertaining to various Microsoft 365 subscriptions; Business, E3, E5.
The event contains 3 modules:
- Infrastructure protection — Protecting Domain Infrastructure using Microsoft 365 components.
- Don't pay a Ransom — Protect and recover your data from ransomware attacks.
- Data leakage prevention — Protecting corporate data from unintentional or intentional sharing
Microsoft 365 IT Professionals
Anyone who has an interest in how to make their Microsoft-based organization more secure with Microsoft 365
Practical Labs- During the course students will create a trial free Microsoft 365 environment, which they will populate with data then implement the security features
Please note: Due to the dynamic nature of updates to Office 365 functionality by Microsoft, elements of the syllabus of this course can be subject to change without notice.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1 - Infrastructure Protection (14 topics)
- Introduction to Microsoft 365
- Demo: From Phishing to Domain Admins
- Demo: Getting Root in Linux
- Preventing Overpass-the-Hash attack
- Configuring Windows Defender Credentials Guard
- Performing and Preventing Pass-the-Ticket attack
- Detecting Active Directory attacks with User Behavior Analytics
- Comparing Microsoft ATA and Azure ATP
- Configuring Azure ATP
- Advanced Endpoint Protection from the Cloud
- Configuring Windows Defender ATP
- Lab 1.1. Exploring Azure ATP
- Lab 1.2. Configuring Windows Defender ATP
- Lab 1.3. Cybersecurity challenge (Optional)
Module 2 - Don't pay Ransom (11 topics)
- Demo: Ransomware attack
- Stop phishing using Office 365 ATP
- Mastering whitelisting with AppLocker
- Whitelisting on steroids
- Attack Surface Reduction rules
- Docs protection with Controlled Folder Access
- Windows Defender Application Guard - Rock-solid Browser
- OneDrive for Business. Complete Recovery
- Tuning Windows Defender Antivirus
- Lab 2.1. Configuring and testing Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection with sample ransomware
- Lab 2.2. Configuring Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access
Module 3 - Data leakage prevention (8 topics)
- Endpoint Attacks with Physical Access
- Device Protection. Configuring Bitlocker
- Attacks on Mobile Devices
- Mobile devices protection using Microsoft Intune
- Protect data in the Cloud with Conditional Access & Cloud App Security
- User's documents protection with Azure Information Protection
- Lab 3.1 Configuring Azure AD Conditional Access
- Lab 3.2 Exploring Cloud App Security
Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 technologies.
Instructors will demonstrate features throughout the event. Optional Lab exercises are available for students to complete within a free commercial Microsoft 365 tenancy provided free of charge for each student by QA. This tenancy lasts for 30 days but can be extended free of charge for another 30 days.