Enabling 5G Business Success
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - *Virtual Self-Paced Online
Across the globe, industry is witnessing a race for commercialisation of 5G mobile network services and products, as phone manufacturers and mobile operators are engaged in heated competition to provide the first service offerings to consumers, enterprises and vertical markets on a commercial scale. 5G is key to supporting connected innovation and defines a range of value creation capabilities and use cases in order to provide a focus for the businesses involved.
This programme presents how 5G technologies are being developed to this brief, encompassing themes such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Virtualisation and Cloud concepts, as well as a range of scenarios that go beyond that offered by 4G. It enables such concepts as Massive IoT, Smart Cities, Smart Industry, Smart Buildings, Smart Transportation, Ultra-Reliable Communications, and Lifeline Communications. As well as considering the future potential that 5G offers, this programme will examine the continuing and important role that 4G technologies play in laying out the roadmap, with developments such as LTE-M and NB-IoT. Key considerations for developing new business models to utilise these technologies effectively are also presented in order to gain insight into how to generate profitable commercial propositions.
Whether government, large corporate, SME, or individual level, the transformation is set to accelerate with the introduction and deployment of 5G commercial networks, and a key element to success in this new arena is a detailed understanding of the key dependencies between technology, service provision and realizable business models. This also requires an appreciation of the new roles that are being explored by vendors and service providers and the relationships between both of these groups and their customers. This program explores all of these ideas and provides a reality check to the current market-hype.
- Understand the key phases of 5G roll-out
- Develop their knowledge of 5G and related technologies
- Understand the relationships between 5G technologies and deployable use-cases
- Recognise the roles of key disruptive technologies that are being introduced in tandem with 5G
- Understand the changing roles of CSPs and vendors in the mobile arena
- Recognise several 5G strategies, business models, technologies, use cases, and ecosystems
- Understand effective positioning of services within the emerging 5G ecosystems
- Understand the continuing role that 4G technologies still play
- Executives and senior management teams
- Mid-senior managers – all departments
- Identified fast-track talent and graduates
- Commercial and Marketing specialists
- Technology specialists, engineers & SMEs
- Industry Vendors
- End-Users - including not-for-profit, government agencies and connected verticals
Communication Service Providers, High-Tech Organisations, and Government should be taking a lead role in developing the requirements, technology and frameworks needed across society and the different industry verticals to enable the transformation and to meet the challenges ahead.
First though, organisations need to develop clarity in their own position within emerging industry ecosystems; understand what is possible and where the value lies; build the capability to effectively evaluate opportunities and respond rapidly; to become highly customer-centric; and to partner effectively.
The task of building profitable and sustainable businesses in this environment falls to talented individuals and teams that can effectively evaluate their own markets and their organisation’s place within it; who react positively to change and embrace innovation; that can develop competitive advantage, strategy and business models with clarity and purpose; and execute that strategy whilst aligning processes, platforms, teams, individuals, performance & KPIs.
With this in mind, this programme has been designed to provide a solid foundation for just such individuals and teams from all levels of business that are associated with 5G service provision, whether it be from the CSP, Enterprise or partner space, as they meet the challenges and develop the opportunities that 5G, Connected Innovation, and Smart Technology brings to their organisations. We develop ideas, evaluate best practice, and explore ways to maximise those opportunities from the business point of view, with a full appreciation of how 5G technology will support the opportunities and value creation going forward.
The Reality of 5G Business Success (13 topics)
- Day 1 has a business-oriented focus but is grounded in technical reality, taking account of what is realistic from a technology-readiness perspective in the short, medium and long terms. Modules include:
- The state of the market
- Comparing the 4G-5G business environments
- Emerging CSP and Vendor trends
- 5G as a service enabler
- Service potential
- The reality of use-cases
- A new breed of customers
- Understanding vertical opportunities
- Realistic propositions
- Positioning for the next generation of customers
The Reality of 5G Technical Success (9 topics)
- Day 2 provides more of the technical focus tied to the realistic business objectives and considerations discussed in Day 1. Modules include:
- Understanding 5G core technologies
- Understanding 5G access capabilities
- Service provision enablers
- The reality of Massive IoT
- Positive disruption - SDN, NFV, MEC
- Technology - business case dependencies
Delegates should have an interest and general background in the mobile or communications industry.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.