VMware Cloud on AWS: Deploy and Manage
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This three-day course teaches you skills for deploying and managing a VMware Cloud™ on AWS infrastructure. Through a mix of 85% lecture and 15% hands-on labs, you deploy and manage the VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware vSphere® features that build a foundation for a hybrid infrastructure. You also discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. Anyone planning to migrate, build, or hybridize with VMware Cloud on AWS can benefit from this course.
This course is also available in an On Demand format. For more information, select this link: VMware Cloud on AWS: Deploy and Manage - On Demand.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the architecture of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Access and deploy a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Differentiate between on-premises VMware vSAN™ and vSAN for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Configure internal, external, and inter-SDDC networking
- Configure a connection between an on-premises vSphere SDDC and a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Describe how to right size a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Configure the scale-up and scale-down of a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Migrate virtual machines between on-premises vSphere and VMware Cloud on AWS SDDCs
- Create and configure virtual machines in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Connect and use other AWS solutions with VMware Cloud on AWS
- Connect and use other VMware solutions with VMware Cloud on AWS
- Configure access and permissions for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Identify best practices for security hardening of a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Identify best practices for the maintenance of a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
- Identify patching considerations, requirements, and best practices for VMware Cloud on AWS when connected to an on-premises vSphere SDDC
- Access support, documentation, and diagnostic information for VMware Cloud on AWS
- Discuss failure and troubleshooting scenarios for a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
Please note: In order to facilitate your VMware e-courseware provision we will share your name and email address (that which we have registered for you on our business systems) with VMware. VMware will then send you directly the details of your e-courseware access no less than 48 hours before your course is due to take place. VMware will not use these details for any other purpose than provisioning you with your e-courseware.
Please note that these details are held by VMware outside of the EU. If you have an existing VMware MyLearn account it is imperative that you notify us of the email address you have registered to this account. Should you have any questions or concerns about this please contact your account manager.
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to VMware Cloud on AWS (4 topics)
- Why Choose VMware Cloud on AWS
- Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Integrations with AWS
- Licensing, Pricing, and Billing
Managing the SDDC and creating Virtual Machines (4 topics)
- Creating and Managing Users in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Deploying and Accessing an SDDC
- Transferring Content to the SDDC
- Creating Virtual Machines
VMware Cloud on AWS: Networking (4 topics)
- Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS Networking
- Configure Management Gateway Networking
- Configure Compute Gateway Networking
- Inter-SDDC Networking
VMware Cloud on AWS: Storage (3 topics)
- VMware vSAN in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Using Amazon S3 with VMware Cloud on AWS
- Using Amazon EFS with VMware Cloud on AWS
Working with On-Premises VMware vSphere (3 topics)
- Hybrid Linked Mode
- Hybrid Cloud Extension
- Migrating Virtual Machines
VMware Cloud on AWS Permissions and Security (2 topics)
- Understand VMware Cloud on AWS Permissions
- Security Hardening for VMware Cloud on AWS
Scaling the SDDC and Host Management (4 topics)
- Sizing the SDDC
- Cluster Management
- Add and Remove Hosts
- Host Remediation
Resource Management and Availability (2 topics)
- vSphere DRS and Elastic DRS
- HA and vSphere FT
Using Other VMware Products with the SDDC (4 topics)
- Site Recovery Add-On Service
- VMware Horizon®
- VMware vRealize® Automation™
- Using APIs and VMware vSphere® PowerCLI™
Maintaining and Troubleshooting VMware Cloud on AWS (4 topics)
- Best Practice Maintenance
- Support and Staying Up-to-Date
- Common Troubleshooting Steps
- Next Steps to use VMware Cloud on AWS
This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course or of a later vSphere version.
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with VMware ESXiTM and VMware vCenter Server®.
- High-level understanding of vSAN and VMware NSX® for vSphere®.