Microsoft Windows 10
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
In this course, students will learn how to support the installation tasks associated with Windows 10. Students will develop skills that include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems. Students will also learn about the new Windows servicing model and methods for keeping Windows up to date. The course will conclude with common post-installation tasks.
Students will learn how to support the configuration tasks associated with Windows 10. Students will develop skills that include managing storage, files, drivers, and printers as well as how to configure network connectivity for Windows 10. This course will also cover managing and deploying applications.
Students will learn how to secure the Windows 10 OS and protect the data on the device. Students will be introduced to common methods used for authentication and access control. This course will teach how to configure file and folder permissions and creating security policies. Students will also be introduced to the different types of external threats and how to leverage features like encryption and firewalls, as well as tools like Windows Defender.
Students will learn how to manage and troubleshoot Windows 10. This course will deep-dive into the architecture and tools used for managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting the OS, Apps, and hardware. Students will learn about proactive and troubleshooting methodology, and how to identify and mitigate common issues.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:Install and customize Windows 10
- Configure Updates for Windows.
- Configure devices and drivers for Windows.
- Configure storage for Windows.
- Configure network and remote management settings in Windows.
- Configure and manage browsers and applications in Windows.
- Configure account access and authentication.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Describe methods for securing Windows 10, common threats and methods for mitigating against them.
- Troubleshoot Windows and application installations.
- Troubleshoot hardware and driver issues.
- Troubleshoot file issues and perform recoveries.
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
This course is comprised of the following Microsoft Official Curriculum modules:
- MD-100T01 Installing Windows 10
- MD-100T02 Configuring Windows 10
- MD-100T03 Protecting Windows 10
- MD-100T04 Maintaining Windows 10
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installing Windows (8 topics)
- Introducing Windows 10
- Installation Options
- Requirements for Windows Features
- Installation Process and Media
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Lab: Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Migrating User Settings
Updating Windows (6 topics)
- Windows Servicing Model
- Updating Windows
- Applying Applications and Windows Updates
- Lab: Updating Windows 10
- Configuring Updates for a Single Device
- Configuring Updates with GPOs
Post-installation Configuration and Personalization (5 topics)
- Customize the Windows 10 UI.
- Configure device specific settings such as power plans and mobile device options.
- Use the Windows control panel and setting app to configure settings.
- Describe using Windows PowerShell.
- Lab: Configuring Windows 10
Configuring Peripherals and Drivers (2 topics)
- Managing Devices and Drivers
- Managing Printers
Configuring Networking (5 topics)
- Configure IP Network Connectivity
- Implement Name Resolution
- Implement Wireless Network Connectivity
- Remote Access Overview
- Remote Management
Configuring Storage (6 topics)
- Overview of storage options
- Using OneDrive
- Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Maintaining Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Lab: Practice Lab: Managing Storage
Managing Apps in Windows 10 (4 topics)
- Providing Apps to Users
- Managing Universal Windows Apps
- The Windows Store
- Web browsers in Windows 10
Configuring Authorization & Authentication (4 topics)
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
Configuring Data Access and Usage (5 topics)
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing Security with Policies
- Lab: Configuring and Managing Permissions and Shares
Configuring Advanced Management Tools (3 topics)
- Configuring Tenant Roles
- Managing Tenant Health and Services
- Lab: Practice Lab: Managing Network Security
Supporting the Windows 10 Environment (3 topics)
- Troubleshooting Windows
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Lab: Practice Lab: Monitoring Windows 10
Troubleshooting the Windows OS (3 topics)
- Troubleshooting Windows Startup
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
- Troubleshooting Sign-In Issues
Troubleshooting Files & Applications (3 topics)
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Application Troubleshooting
- Lab: Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers (4 topics)
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Lab: Troubleshooting Device Driver Issues
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic understanding of computer networks and hardware concepts.
- Basic understanding of OS and Application concepts.
- Experience with using the Windows OS.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.