Implementing SharePoint 2019 Service Applications
SharePoint Server 2019 is designed to meet the demands of modern workstyles. It provides the new modern experiences for users, that are both intuitive and familiar in SharePoint Online. In this course you will learn how to plan, configure, and manage service applications in SharePoint 2019, such as Managed Metadata, Business Connectivity Services, and enterprise search.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who deploy and manage the teamwork infrastructure in their organization.
This is the second in a series of four courses for the Teamwork administrator. These courses help prepare for the exam MS-301: Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Provision a BDC Service Application instance.
- Configure the Secure Store Service application.
- Describe how to configure My Sites in SharePoint 2019.
- Describe how to configure the User Profile Service Application.
- Describe how to plan SharePoint Active Directory import and synchronization.
- Explain how to create and publish a content type across site collections.
- Identify the capabilities of the managed metadata service.
- Configure term sets and terms for managed navigation.
- Describe the function of search components.
- Explain how to plan and configure a search topology.
- Describe how to configure search center.
This course is for the Microsoft 365 teamwork administrator role. The role is responsible for configuring, deploying, and managing Office 365 and Azure workloads that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and adoption. They manage apps, services, and supporting infrastructure to meet business requirements. The administrator is aware of and can differentiate between products and services but may not directly manage each product or service.
The Teamwork administrator must be able to deploy, manage, migrate, and secure SharePoint (online, on-premises, and hybrid), OneDrive, and Teams.
The Teamwork administrator has a fundamental understanding of integration points with the following apps and services: Office, PowerApps, Flow, Yammer, Microsoft Graph, Stream, Planner, and Project. The administrator understands how to integrate third-party apps and services including line-of-business applications.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
SharePoint Service Applications (3 topics)
- SharePoint Service Applications and workflow
- Plan and Configure Business Connectivity Services (BCS) and Secure Store
- Plan and Configure User Profiles
Plan and configure Managed Metadata (3 topics)
- Manage Content Types
- Managed Metadata
- Configure the Managed Metadata Service
Plan and Configure Search (3 topics)
- Plan enterprise search
- Configure enterprise search
- Manage enterprise search
Course Conclusion (1 topic)
- Configuring Enterprise Search
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic understanding of SQL Server management.
- Basic understanding of networking, including DNS.
- Working knowledge of windows server administration.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Basic understanding of mobile device management, and alternative operating systems (Android and macOS).