M2M and IoT Technologies
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course is designed to give the delegate an understand of the underlying technologies that are driving the IoT environment. The course covers unlicenced technologies such as; ZigBee, LoRa, Bluetooth and licenced service provider deployments such as; NBIoT and eMTC.
A high level understanding of the leading solutions together with explanations of user case examples are provided. In this ever increasing market which is both vertical market and service provider driven we aim to give an unbiased overview to allow businesses to explore different environments.
Upon completion of the course the delegate will be able to understand:
- Understand the different options available for M2M solutions
- Describe the basic ZigBee protocol stack
- Understand the IEEE layer 1 & 2 deployment
- Understand the influence of 3GPP specifications
- Understand the three NBIoT deployment
- Understand various use cases
- Understand the future enhancements of the 5G deployment
Engineers and support staff involved in the roll out of IoT in both service provider and vertical market industries.
What is IoT (4 topics)
- What is IoT?
- What the Internet of Things can do for us
- Network devices & the Internet of Things
- Issues around the IoT
Use Cases in IoT (12 topics)
- 9 Major Keys to IoT
- Safety & Security
- On-Demand & Streaming Services
- Augmented & Virtual Reality
- Bluetooth Connectivity & LiFi
- Predictive Data Analysis
- Mass Adoption
LoRa & LoRaWAN (11 topics)
- What is LoRa?
- Where does LPWAN fit?
- What is LoRaWAN?
- Communication Protocol & System Architecture
- Network Architecture
- Battery Lifetime
- Network Capacity
- Device Classes
- LoRaWAN Regional Summary
- Comparing LPWAN Technologies
ZigBee Solutions (8 topics)
- ZigBee & the IEEE 802.15.4 PHY Specifications
- IEEE 802.15.4 Mac Layer
- Transceiver Requirements
- Network Layer - ZigBee PRO - Protocol Stack
- ZigBee 3.0
- ZigBee Stack Software
- Green Energy
Bluetooth Overview (10 topics)
- Bluetooth Protocol Intro
- Device Roles
- Advertising & Scan Response Data
- Advertising Process
- Broadcast Network Topology
- Connected Network Topology
- GATT Transactions
- Services & Characteristics
- MetaWear Protocol
Service Provider Solutions (7 topics)
- The Cellular Internet of Things
- World Class Standards
- LTE M Performance
- The Competitive Internet of Things Technology Landscape
- 5G & the Internet of Things
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.