PostgreSQL Advanced Administration
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This PostgreSQL Advanced Administration course covers database upgrades, database security, asynchronous and synchronous replication of PostgreSQL 10 and PostgreSQL 11 databases.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will gain an understanding of:
- Plan the Upgrade of a PostgreSQL Database
- Upgrade a PostgreSQL Database
- Security features Available in PostgreSQL
- Manage Database Security by Controlling Access to the Server
- Encrypt sensitive data using pgcrypto
- Setup and use Asynchronous and Synchronous Replication
This PostgreSQL Advanced Administration course is designed for professional database administrators of PostgreSQL 10 and PostgreSQL 11 databases who need to be able to successfully plan and implement the upgrade of a PostgreSQL database. The course covers Streaming Replication in PostgreSQL and how it can be used to achieve automatic failovers and setup a highly available PostgreSQL Database Cluster. It also covers how security can be managed in a PostgreSQL database. This course is suitable for users of PostgreSQL 9 databases.
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Database Upgrades (6 topics)
- PostgreSQL Versioning
- Plan an Upgrade
- Upgrade using pg_dump
- Upgrade using pg_upgrade
- In Place or Out of Place Upgrade
- Post Upgrade Tasks
Database Security (7 topics)
- Users and Groups
- Access Control
- Row Level Security
- Host Based Access Control
- Encryption Options
- Encrypt Specific Columns with the pgcrypto Module
- The Performance Implications of Encryption
Control Access to the Server (4 topics)
- Security Labelling
- Secure TCP/IP Access with OpenSSL
- Secure TCP/IP Connections with SSL
- Create Secure SSH Tunnels
Overview of Asynchronous and Synchronous Replication (7 topics)
- Overview of Streaming Replication
- Overview of Synchronous and Asynchronous Replicationli>
- Continuous Transaction Log Archiving
- Prepare the Master for Standby Servers
- Configure a Standby Server for Replication
- Create a Remote User for Streaming
Configure Asynchronous Replication (12 topics)
- Take Base Backups
- Start Streaming Replication
- Halt and Re-check Replication to Ensure Availability
- Monitor Streaming
- Perform Failovers
- Understand Timelines
- Setup Cascaded Replication
- Manage Conflicts
- Replication Reliability
- Adjust Transaction Durability
- Use Replication Slots
- Physical Replication Slot Handling
Configure Synchronous Replication (6 topics)
- Configure Basic Synchronous Replication
- Configure Multiple Synchronous Standby Servers
- Plan for Performance
- Plan for High Availability
- Logical Replication Slot Handling
- The CREATE PUBLICATION and CREATE SUBSCRIPTION Commands
This course assumes a good working knowledge of SQL and specifically of PostgreSQL Administration. This can be obtained by attendance on the pre-requisite PostgreSQL Administration course.
This course is run on a Linux operating system, therefore a good working knowledge of UNIX/Linux is required. This knowledge can be gained by attendance on the pre-requisite Linux Introduction course
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|