CWDM, DWDM and G.709
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course is designed to give an introduction to Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) and Coarse Wavelength Division Multiplexing (CWDM) technology. It also give a look at emerging technology and standards associated with Optical Transport Network.
At the end of this course, participants will have covered the following:
- Safety considerations when working with lasers and fibre optic systems.
- Fibre cleanliness
- Principles of CWDM/DWDM utilisation.
- Power and fibre interface connection.
- Operations and Maintenance.
- Local terminal connection and operation.
- G.709 Optical Transport Network
- Considerations when Deploying DWDM / CWDM systems.
- Amplification techniques within Optical Systems.
Who Should Attend:
- Project managers and team members that manage and work on CWDM/DWDM equipment projects.
- Technical Managers that manage technicians and engineers that work with CWDM/DWDM equipment
- Engineers and Technicians that work with or maintain CWDM/DWDM equipment.
- Administration or Support staff who work within a Wave Division Multiplexer based environment.
Course Content: (11 topics)
- Why CWDM/DWDM?
- Considerations when working with optical systems.
- The importance of fibre cleanliness in CWDM/DWDM systems.
- Polarisation Mode Dispersion
- Chromatic Dispersion
- Methods of Attenuation in Optical Systems
- Recommended rack installation, power and cooling requirements.
- Operations and Maintenance considerations
- G.709 Optical Transport Networks
- Considerations when deploying CWDM / DWDM Systems
- Amplification within Optical Systems
Delegates should have a sound understanding of Transmission Principles, SDH and IP technology.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network.Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols
A 4-day Training Course on Hands On TCP/IP and Internet Protocols; covers practical configuration & troubleshooting of TCP/IP within LANs and WANs.
Understanding IP and Datanetworking
A 2-day Training Course on Understanding IP and Data Networking; overview of key concepts, protocols, and functions of the internet and IP services.
Transport of Next-Generation Data Services over SDH
Transport of Next-Generation Data Services over SDH Training Course;Access service evolution, next-gen SDH. MPLS, ethernet, enhanced switching, Multi-service access.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.