Certified Security Risk Manager
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Master the fundamental principles and concepts of Security Risk Assessment and Optimal Security Risk Management in Information Security based on ISO/IEC 27005. ISO/IEC 27005 Security Risk Manager training enables you to develop the competence to master the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference framework. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices of risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonized TRA. This training course corresponds with the implementation process of the ISMS framework presented in the ISO/IEC 27001 security standard.
After understanding all the necessary concepts of Information Security Risk Management based on ISO/IEC 27005, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Security Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Security Risk Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform an optimal Information Security Risk Assessment and timely manage Information Security risks.
- Acknowledge the correlation between Information Security risk management and security controls
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques that enable an effective security risk management process according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in Information Security Risk Management
- Acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations in Information Security Risk Management best practices
After successfully completing the exam, you will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
- Information Security risk managers
- Information Security team members
- Individuals responsible for Information Security, compliance, and risk within an organization
- Individuals implementing ISO/IEC 27001, seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 27001 or involved in a risk management program
- IT consultants
- IT professionals
- Information Security officers
- Privacy officers
Please note the PECB Exam for this course is a remote proctored exam taken on the PECB proctor platform, delegates will receive an exam voucher and take the remote proctored exam after the course.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day 1 Introduction to Information Security controls as recommended by ISO/IEC 27002 (5 topics)
- Course objectives and structure
- Concepts and definitions of risk
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Implementing a risk management programme
- Understanding the organization and its context
Day 3 Overview of other Information Security risk assessment methods and Certification Exam (6 topics)
- OCTAVE Method
- MEHARI Method
- EBIOS Method
- Harmonized Threat and Risk Assessment
- (TRA) Method
- Applying for certification and closing the training
Day 2 Implementation of a risk management process based on ISO/IEC 27005 (7 topics)
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk assessment with a quantitative method
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance and residual risk management
- Information Security Risk Communication and Consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|