Working in an Agile Team using Kanban
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The purpose of this highly immersive, two-day course is to help students to understand the principles of Agile and in particular, Kanban. They will work in teams to undertake a backlog of work over a series of iterations. In addition to understanding the rules of Kanban, the team will also appreciate how Kanban can be blended with other complementary practices such as Scrum. Students will experience the value of cross-functional teams and the benefits that Agile frameworks such as Kanban provide.
As a result of participating in the course, delegates will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is Agile?
- What are the benefits of using Agile?
- What are the values and principals of Agile?
- What is Kanban?
- What is Kanban?
- What is Scrumban?
- What is a Value Stream Map?
- Why should you manage work in progress?
- Can agile teams use a combination of agile frameworks and methods?
- How can agile teams estimate effectively?
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Welcomes and introductions (2 topics)
- Self organizing teams
- Time box #0: prepare the board
Fundamentals of Agile and Kanban (1 topic)
- Time box #1: Kanban simulation, rounds 1-5
Roles and meetings (1 topic)
- Time box #2: Kanban simulation, rounds 6-10
Kanban flow (1 topic)
- Time box #3: Kanban simulation, rounds 11-15
Kanban board (1 topic)
- Time box #4: Kanban simulation, rounds 16-20
Work in Progress - WiP (1 topic)
- Time box #5: Kanban simulation, rounds 21-25
This course is suitable for anyone with no prior knowledge of Agile who is considering, evaluating or involved in a move towards working in (or with) an agile team.
Pre Course Reading:
They would also benefit from reading the following book:
Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business, David J. Anderson