Practical Big Data Analysis
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
An introduction to Python, Data Science and Big Data, plus a deep introduction to the major Big Data technologies for the practitioners working with them.
This 5-day course is ideal for people who are currently working as software engineers with data, or in business intelligence, looking for a level-up to the next stage of large data analysis skills and contemporary patterns of Data Science.
You will learn how to work and model large sets of data and understand the statistical mathematical models behind it. You'll also work with SQL and NoSQL trends and understand how to create an effective hypothesis-approach way of working with data and discerning really measurable statistical outcomes.
At the end of this course attendees will know:
- Fundamentals of Data Science
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning
- Fundamentals of Python programming
- Python's data and numerical packages
- How to visualise data using Python
- Different data models
- What is a NoSQL database, how is it different from a (traditional) Relational Database
- What is Hadoop
- What is Spark
At the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- Write Python programs to manipulate data
- Use Python to visualise data
- Query graph databases Neo4j
- Query column store database Cassandra
- Query document based database MongoDB
- Use Hadoop and Spark
- Use Python Machine Learning libraries to perform predictive analysis
Practitioners of data analysis and fledging data scientists who wish to leverage Big Data technologies such as NoSQL databases, Hadoop and Spark.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (14 topics)
- Introduction to Data Science
- Machine Learning: Method
- Introduction to Python
- Python Data
- Data Science and Numerical Python
- Python Plotting
- Mathematics: Data Models
- Python DBs
- Big Data with Neo4j
- Big Data with Hadoop
- Big Data with Cassandra
- Big Data with Spark
- Big Data with Mongo
- Python Machine Learning
- Basic knowledge of data base architecture and SQL
- Basic knowledge in programming: variables, flow and scope and functions
- Prior experience of working with data
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages such as Perl will be an advantage
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.