Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (JB183) exposes experienced Java Standard Edition (Java SE) developers to the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.
In this course, you will learn about the various specifications that make up Java EE. Through hands-on labs, you will transform a simple Java SE command line application into a multi-tiered enterprise application using various Java EE specifications, including Enterprise Java Beans, Java Persistence API, Java Messaging Service, JAX-RS for REST services, Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI), and JAAS for securing the application.
- Describe the architecture of multi-tiered Java EE applications.
- Package Java EE applications and deploy to Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform with various tools.
- Create an Enterprise Java Bean instance.
- Manage the persistence of data using Java Persistence API.
- Create a web service using JAX-RS.
- Properly apply context scopes to beans and inject resources into Java Beans.
- Store and retrieve messages using the Java Messaging Service.
- Secure a Java EE application.
This course is designed for Java developers who want to learn more about the specifications that comprise the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
Please note, all delegates booking onto a Red Hat course will need to provide their unique Red Hat Network ID. Bookings without a Red Hat Network ID will not be confirmed by Red Hat and may subject to cancellation. More information available here from Red Hat or contact us directly.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Transition to multi-tiered applications (1 topic)
- Describe Java EE features and distinguish between Java EE and Java SE applications.
Package and deploying applications to an application server (1 topic)
- Describe the architecture of a Java EE application server, package an application, and deploy the application to an EAP server.
Create Enterprise Java Beans (1 topic)
- Develop Enterprise Java Beans, including message-driven beans.
Manage persistence (1 topic)
- Create persistence entities with validations.
Manage entity relationships (1 topic)
- Define and manage JPA entity relationships.
Create REST services (1 topic)
- Create REST APIs using the JAX-RS specification.
Implement Contexts and Dependency Injection (1 topic)
- Describe typical use cases for using CDI and successfully implement it in an application.
Create messaging applications with JMS (1 topic)
- Create messaging clients that send and receive messages using the JMS API.
Secure Java EE applications (1 topic)
- Use JAAS to secure a Java EE application.
Comprehensive review of Red Hat JBoss Development I: Java EE (1 topic)
- Demonstrate proficiency of the knowledge and skills obtained during the course.
- Proficiency in developing Java SE applications, with 2+ years of experience required
- Proficiency in using an IDE such as Red Hat Developer Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with Maven is recommended but not required
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.