Microsoft SharePoint Web Content Management for End Users
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course applies to the following platforms: SharePoint On-Premise, SharePoint Online
This is a Productivity course aimed at Site Members or Content Authors who wish to create SharePoint Intranet content. This course introduces end users to SharePoint Web Content Management (WCM), the methodology and practices used to create an Intranet portal and explains how a SharePoint Intranet portal differs from a Collaborative SharePoint environment. The course also provides the content author with the tools and knowledge to create Intranet web pages. They will learn how to add dynamic content by manipulating Web Parts and publish pages requiring workflow approval. The course also introduces Enterprise Wiki Sites and shows how to create Knowledge Base pages of information.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the SharePoint Publishing Model and WCM and how this differs from Collaborative SharePoint sites
- Work with the SharePoint publishing interface
- Understand how site permissions affect user roles and how content can be created
- Understand and work with the Apps specific to WCM publishing sites
- Create and edit publishing pages
- Add and format text, work with images and hyperlinks
- Understand and work with content management features and use the publishing workflow
- Add tables, managed metadata, reusable content and HTML code snippets
- Understand and utilise web parts and their properties
- Work with Enterprise Wiki Sites
The course is for anyone involved in the creation or editing of web content in a SharePoint Intranet portal.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
The SharePoint Publishing Model (7 topics)
- An Introduction to Web Content Management
- SharePoint Fundamentals
- Examples of Collaboration Sites
- The Structured Authoring Environment
- The SharePoint Environment
- The Ribbon
- Following Sites
Understanding Site Permissions (3 topics)
- SharePoint Permissions Explained
- Security Trimming
- Permission Inheritance
Working with Apps in Publishing Site (5 topics)
- Built-In Apps
- Adding Content to a Document Library App
- Document Item Menu
- Deleting Items and Documents
- Add SharePoint Apps
Creating Publishing Pages (7 topics)
- Site Web Page Structure
- Types of Web Page
- Page Layouts
- Working with Text
- Adding Images
- Working with Image Renditions
Content Management (5 topics)
- Version Control
- Check In/Out
- Publishing and Approval
- Understanding Workflows
- Using the Publishing Approval Workflow
Additional Page Content (6 topics)
- Working with Tables
- Adding Reusable Content
- Working with Media
- Working with Managed Metadata
- The Site Homepage
- Amending Web Page HTML
Working with Web Parts (5 topics)
- Default Web Parts Available in SharePoint
- Inserting a Web Part
- Web Part Properties
- Useful Web Parts
- Audience Targeting
Enterprise Wiki Sites (5 topics)
- Creating an Enterprise Wiki Site
- Examples of Enterprise Wiki Sites
- Enterprise Wiki Site Contents
- Working with Wiki Site Pages
- Adding Media
- A good understanding of Windows 7 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer or equivalent browser.
- An understanding of Web Languages (HTML and CSS) is desirable but not essential.
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites you may be asked to leave.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.