Integrating Cloud Services with System Center Configuration Manager
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This is a two-day instructor-led training (ILT) course that describes the integration of various online cloud services with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. This course covers integration with online services such as Microsoft Store for Business, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Azure. It also describes how to manage mobile devices by using methods such as on-premises mobile device management and Exchange Server integration.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the challenges in managing a mobile and internet-based workforce and how Configuration Manager integrated with mobile device management and cloud services solutions can address these challenges.
- Describe and configure methods used to manage client devices that are located outside of the corporate network and connected to the internet.
- Deploy and manage Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Deploy and manage Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager.
- Describe and configure on-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager.
This course is intended for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use the latest branch of Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications.
The secondary audience for this course are individuals who are interested in taking Exam 70-703: “Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Extending the Configuration Manager infrastructure to support internet-based and mobile devices (13 topics)
- Managing a mobile and distributed workforce
- Integrating Configuration Manager with cloud services and internet-based management solutions
- PKI requirements to support internet-based management
- Expanding content availability by using cloud-based distribution points
- Lab: Preparing for cloud integration
- Activating an Azure trial subscription
- Configuring and enabling directory syncing
- Lab: Implementing PKI for Configuration Manager site systems and clients
- Creating certificate templates for Configuration Manager services
- Deploying certificates for Configuration Manager
- Lab: Configuring cloud-based distribution points
- Creating and exporting an Azure management certificate for cloud-based distribution points
- Setting up Azure and creating a cloud-based distribution point
Managing clients on the internet (10 topics)
- Methods for managing internet-based clients
- Planning and implementing IBCM
- Planning and implementing the Cloud Management Gateway
- Lab: Configuring IBCM
- Configuring the Configuration Manager site systems to support IBCM
- Verifying the client settings for IBCM
- Lab: Configuring the Cloud Management Gateway for managing clients on the internet
- Enabling the Cloud Management Gateway feature
- Creating and exporting the Azure management certificate for cloud-based distribution points
- Setting up the Cloud Management Gateway
Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager (8 topics)
- Overview of Microsoft Store for Business
- Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
- Lab: Setting up and managing Microsoft Store for Business
- Signing up for Microsoft Store for Business
- Managing Microsoft Store for Business
- Lab: Deploying Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
- Setting up syncing with Microsoft Store for Business
- Deploying and managing Microsoft Store for Business apps
Managing Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager (11 topics)
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Deploying Office 365 client applications by using Configuration Manager
- Managing and updating an Office 365 client deployment
- Lab: Preparing Office 365 for application deployment
- Signing up for an Office 365 trial subscription
- Assigning Office 365 ProPlus licenses to users
- Modifying Office 365 ProPlus options for manual downloads
- Lab: Deploying and managing Office 365 client applications by using Configuration Manager
- Configuring infrastructure requirements to support Office 365 client management
- Deploying the Office 365 client application
- Configuring software updates to support Office 365
Mobile device management by using Configuration Manager (6 topics)
- Overview of mobile device management
- Configuring the Exchange Server connector for mobile device management
- Lab: Managing mobile devices by using the Exchange Server connector
- Configuring permissions for Exchange integration
- Configuring the Exchange Server connector
- Managing mobile devices by using Configuration Manager
On-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager (6 topics)
- Overview of on-premises mobile device management
- Configuring on-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager
- Lab: Managing mobile devices with an on-premises infrastructure
- Configuring PKI for on-premises mobile device management
- Preparing Configuration Manager for on-premises mobile device management
- Enrolling Windows 10 devices for on-premises mobile device management
Before attending this course, students must have system administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of PKI security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
- Basic understanding of management tasks using Configuration Manager.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Attend From Anywhere
Manchester (Oxford St)