Containers, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Through an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Platform, this course helps you understand one of the key tenets of the DevOps movement: continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
In addition to gaining an understanding of these tools, you will build core administration skills through the installation, configuration, and management of an OpenShift cluster.
- Install OpenShift Container Platform to create a simple cluster
- Configure and manage OpenShift masters and nodes
- Secure OpenShift with a simple internal authentication mechanism
- Control access to resources on OpenShift
- Deploy applications on OpenShift using source-to-image (S2I)
- Configure and manage OpenShift pods, services, routes, secrets, and other resources
- Developers who want to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- System administrators who want to learn more about OpenShift
- System architects who want to learn more about OpenShift
- Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift
All delegates booking onto a Red Hat course will need to provide their unique Red Hat Network ID. Bookings without a Red Hat Network ID will not be confirmed by Red Hat and may subject to cancellation. More information available here from Red Hat.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Describe container technology (1 topic)
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by the OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services (1 topic)
- Provision a server using container technology.
Manage containers (1 topic)
- Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images (1 topic)
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images (1 topic)
- Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
Deploy multi-container applications (1 topic)
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Install OpenShift Container Platform (1 topic)
- Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
Explore OpenShift networking concepts (1 topic)
- Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift (1 topic)
- Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications on OpenShift (1 topic)
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images on an OpenShift cluster.
Execute commands (1 topic)
- Execute commands using the command-line interface.
Control resource access (1 topic)
- Control access to OpenShift resources.
Allocate persistent storage (1 topic)
- Implement persistent storage.
Manage application deployments (1 topic)
- Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
Install the metrics subsystem (1 topic)
- Install and configure the metrics gathering system.
Manage OpenShift Container Platform (1 topic)
- Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.
- Have ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.