Microsoft 365 Identity & Services
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course covers three central elements of Microsoft 365 enterprise administration: Microsoft 365 tenant and service management, Office 365 management, and Microsoft 365 identity management. In Microsoft 365 tenant and service management, you will examine all the key components that must be planned for when designing your Microsoft 365 tenant. Once this planning phase is complete, you will learn how to configure your Microsoft 365 tenant, including your organizational profile, tenant subscription options, component services, user accounts and licenses, and security groups. Finally, you will learn how to manage your tenant, which includes the configuration of tenant roles and managing your tenant health and services.
With your Microsoft 365 tenant now firmly in place, you will examine the key components of Office 365 management. This begins with an overview of Office 365 product functionality, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, additional product resources, and device management. You will then transition to configuring Office 365, with a primary focus on configuring Office client connectivity to Office 365. Finally, you will examine how to manage Office 365 ProPlus deployments, from user-driven client installations to centralized Office 365 ProPlus deployments. You will wrap up this section by learning how to configure Office Telemetry and Microsoft Analytics.
The course concludes with an in-depth examination of Microsoft 365 identity synchronization, with a focus on Azure Active Directory Connect. You will learn how to plan for and implement Azure AD Connect, how to manage synchronized identities, and how to implement password management in Microsoft 365 using multi-factor authentication and self-service password management. This section wraps up with a comprehensive look at implementing application and external access. You will learn how to add and manage applications in Azure Active Directory, including how to configure multi-tenant applications. You will then examine how to configure Azure AD Application Proxy, including how to install and register a connector and how to publish an on-premises app for remote access. Finally, you will examine how to design and manage solutions for external access. This includes licensing guidance for Azure AD B2B collaboration, creating a collaborative user, and troubleshooting a B2B collaboration.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Designing, configuring, and managing your Microsoft 365 tenant
- Office 365 product functionality
- Configuring Office 365
- Managing Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Planning and implementing identity synchronization
- Implementing application and external access
This course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Admin role and have completed one of the Microsoft 365 role-based administrator certification paths.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Designing your Microsoft 365 Tenant (7 topics)
- Planning your Microsoft 365 Experience
- Planning Microsoft 365 in your On-premises Infrastructure
- Planning Your Identity and Authentication Solution
- Planning Your Service Setup
- Planning Your Hybrid Environment
- Planning Your Migration to Office 365
- Lab: Transition to Microsoft 365
Configuring your Microsoft 365 Tenant (9 topics)
- Configuring Your Microsoft 365 Experience
- Managing User Accounts and Licenses in Microsoft 365
- Managing Security Groups in Microsoft 365
- Implementing Your Domain Services
- Leveraging FastTrack and Partner Services
- Lab: Configure your Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Initialize your Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Manage Users and Groups
- Add a Custom Domain
Managing your Microsoft 365 Tenant (8 topics)
- Configuring Microsoft 365 Admin Roles
- Managing Tenant Health and Services
- Managing User-Driven Client Installations
- Managing Centralized Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise Deployments
- Lab: Manage Your Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Manage Administration Delegation
- Monitor and Troubleshoot Microsoft 365
- Install Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
Capturing User-Driven Data (2 topics)
- Configuring Office Telemetry
- Configuring Workplace Analytics
Planning and Implementing Identity Synchronization (9 topics)
- Introduction to Identity Synchronization
- Planning for Azure AD Connect
- Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Managing Synchronized Identities
- Password Management in Microsoft 365
- Lab: Manage Identities
- Prepare for Identity Synchronization
- Implement Identity Synchronization
- Implement Password Management
Implementing Applications and External Access (3 topics)
- Implementing Applications in Azure AD
- Configuring Azure AD Application Proxy
- Designing Solutions for External Access
Office 365 Overview (21 topics)
- Exchange Online Overview
- SharePoint Online Overview
- Teams Overview
- Power Platform Overview
- Power Apps Overview
- Power Automate Overview
- Power BI Overview
- Power Virtual Agents Overview
- Additional Resources Overview
- Device Management Overview
- Lab: Reviewing Office 365 Functionality
- Review Key Features of Exchange Online
- Review Key Features of SharePoint Online
- Create a Ticketing System in SharePoint
- Review Key Features of Microsoft Teams
- Explore the Power Platform Admin Center
- Create a Power App from a SharePoint data source
- Create a Power App from scratch
- Create a flow using Power Automate
- Create a DLP Policy using Power Automate
- Build a Power BI report and dashboard
Configuring Microsoft 365 Clients (2 topics)
- Microsoft 365 Client Overview
- Configuring Office Client Connectivity to Microsoft 365
- Completed a role-based administrator course such as Messaging, Teamwork, Security and Compliance, or Collaboration.
- A proficient understanding of DNS and basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices.
Please note: This MS100 course is aimed at delegates familiar with concepts and basic administration of Microsoft 365 technologies including Powershell. Delegates wanting a general course about administration of Office 365 and its services should consider the MS030 course instead.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)
Zoom Virtual Centre