Unit Testing using JUnit
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This Unit Testing using JUnit course focuses on the fundamental concepts of Unit Testing as part of the Software Development Life Cycle and covers the core features of JUnit which is the most popular framework for implementing Unit Testing within Java projects. Version 4 of the JUnit Framework is used in this course.
This hands-on course shows delegates how to design and develop JUnit Test Cases for a variety of Java modules. Delegates will learn how to build related groups of Test Cases into Test Suites that can be run together to test multiple Java classes. Delegates will also learn how to integrate JUnit with build utilities such as Apache Ant and to customise test reports.
The use of Mocks and Stubs to isolate the system under test from external dependencies will also be covered and will be used to test Data Access Objects and Web Responses.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Installing and Configuring JUnit
- Designing Unit Tests
- Writing Test Classes
- Integrating with Apache Maven
- Stubbing and Mocking
- Testing Data Access Objects (DAOs)
- Testing XML/HTML Web Responses
This Unit Testing using JUnit course is aimed at staff and consultants working as part of a development team using Unit Testing including; Programmers, Testers, Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers and anyone who needs a good understanding of the use of JUnit for Unit Testing within software development.
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Unit Testing (6 topics)
- Introduction to Unit Testing
- Other Categories of Software Testing
- Introduction to Unit Test Structure and Organisation
- Introduction to Test Doubles
- Test Coverage
- Guidelines for Good Unit Tests
Introduction to JUnit (3 topics)
- Main Features of JUnit
- JUnit Syntax
- Integrating JUnit with Eclipse
Writing Test Cases (5 topics)
- Test Project Structure
- Test Case Structure
- Junit Annotations
- JUnit Assertions
- Parameterised Junit Tests
Integrating with Ant and Maven (2 topics)
- JUnit Integration with Apache Ant
- JUnit Integration with Apache Maven
Testing Strategies (4 topics)
- Test Stubs
- Command line arguments
- Stubbing a Database Connection with JUnit
- Stubbing a HTTP Connection with JUnit
Mocking (4 topics)
- State vs Interaction Tests
- Test Mocks
- The Phases of Mocking
- Mocking using JUnit and Mockito
Testing Data Access Objects (2 topics)
- Strategies for Testing Data Access Objects
- Testing Entity Mappings using an In-Memory Database with JUnit and Hibernate
Testing Web Responses (3 topics)
- Validating XML against a Schema
- Testing HTML Responses using HTMLUnit
- Testing XML Responses using XMLUnit
Delegates should have attended the pre-requisite Java Programming 2 course or have equivalent experience with the Java programming language.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|