UCS Director Implementation Fundamentals
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
A hands-on course that helps you understand the concepts, architecture and deployment use cases for Cisco UCS Director. You will learn how to implement basic Cisco UCS Director solutions with specific focus on the core features that most Cisco UCS Director implementations require. Services Design, using the self-service portal for provsioning services, creating workflows that enable cloud automation and standardise IT services are a just a few of the features incorporated. You should at the end of this course be able to build effective business processes around infrastructure automation and orchestration.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Understand Cisco UCS Director architecture
- Understand deployment models of Cisco UCS Director
- Configure virtual data centers, policies, and catalogs
- Understand the unified infrastructure management capabilities of Cisco UCS Director
- Understand orchestration and build advanced workflows
- Understand application containers
UCS System Engineers involved in the deployment and management of data center solutions utilising Cisco UCS Director.
This course is worth 30 Credits in the Continuing Education Program.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introducing Cisco UCS Director (2 topics)
- Understanding Data Center Challenges
- Understanding the Benefits of Cisco UCS Director
Understanding Cisco UCS Director Components (2 topics)
- Explaining Cisco UCS Director Architecture
- Explaining Bare-Metal Agent
Understanding Cisco UCS Director Deployment (3 topics)
- Explaining Cisco UCS Director Deployment
- Explaining Global System Settings
- Understanding Site and Pod Management
Understanding Cisco UCS Director Infrastructure Management (1 topic)
- Understanding Cisco UCS Director Deployment
Understanding the Design Phase (2 topics)
- Understanding Policies
- Understanding vDC and Groups Use Case
Understanding Deployment through Self-Service Portal (2 topics)
- Understanding Self-Service Provisioning Portal
- Understanding Service Requests
Introducing Orchestration (1 topic)
- Understanding Orchestration
Reporting and Monitoring in Cisco UCS Director (2 topics)
- Understanding Chargeback in Cisco UCS Director
- Understanding Reports in Cisco UCS Director
Introducing Application Containers (1 topic)
- Understanding Application Containers
Labs (9 topics)
- Lab 1: Configure Cisco UCS Director
- Lab 2: Cisco UCS Director Discovery
- Lab 3: Cisco UCS Director GUI Familiarization
- Lab 4: Service Design
- Lab 5: Catalogs
- Lab 6: Self-Service Portal
- Lab 7: Orchestration Workflow Design
- Lab 8: Advanced Workflow Design
- Lab 9: Create Application Container
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- General knowledge of cloud and datacenter virtualization
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS, NetApp Storage, Nexus, and VMware vCenter - DCUCI, DCII and VSICM recommeneded.
- Knowledge of datacenter processes and best practices
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Introducing Cisco Unified Computing System
This 2-day course provides the skills required to implement and maintain Cisco UCS servers.
Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure
This 5-day courses course provides the skills required to configure and manage Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches in ACI mode.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.