Junos Class of Service
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This two-day course provides students with advanced class-of-service (CoS) knowledge and configuration examples. The course begins with an overview of CoS before going into classification, policing, scheduling, and rewriting. The course then covers class-based forwarding and finishes with a case study. This course is based on the Junos operating system Release 12.3R3.4.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and verifying Junos CoS features.
Junos Class of Service is an advanced level course.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the history and evolution of CoS.
- Identify the CoS fields in various packet headers.
- List the CoS processing stages on devices running the Junos OS.
- Identify the default CoS settings on devices running the Junos OS.
- Configure and verify behavior aggregate (BA) and multifield (MF) classification.
- Configure and verify two-color and tricolor marking policers.
- Configure and verify schedulers and their components.
- Configure and verify the multiple levels of hierarchical schedulers.
- Configure and verify packet header rewriting.
- Configure and verify class-based forwarding.
- Create a CoS configuration based on a set of design requirements.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS, especially those in a service provider environment. It also benefits individuals responsible for designing networks containing devices running the Junos OS.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
CoS Overview (4 topics)
- CoS History and Evolution
- CoS and DiffServe
- CoS Fields in Packet Headers
- CoS Processing
Packet Classification (6 topics)
- Classification Overview
- Forwarding Classes and Packet Loss Priority
- Fixed Classification
- Multifield Classification
- Behavior Aggregate Classification
- Lab 1: Configuring Packet Classification
Policing (6 topics)
- Policing Overview
- Single-Rate Two-Color Policer
- Tricolor Marking Policers
- Application-Directly on an Interface
- Application-Within a Firewall Filter
- Lab 2: Configuring Policers
Scheduling (7 topics)
- Scheduling Overview
- Transmission Rate
- Queue Priority
- Delay Buffers
- Drop Profiles and Drop Profile Maps
- Scheduling Configuration
- Lab 3: Configuring Schedulers
Hierarchical Scheduling (8 topics)
- Hierarchical Scheduling Overview
- Scheduler Modes
- Hierarchical Scheduling Levels
- Throughput Example
- Remaining Traffic
- Queue Properties in a Hierarchical Scheduling Context
- Putting It All Together
- Lab 4: Configuring Hierarchical Schedulers
Rewrite Rules (4 topics)
- Packet Header Rewrite Overview
- Rewrite Rules and Tables
- Rewrite Combinations
- Lab 5: Configuring Rewrite Rules
CoS-Based Forwarding (3 topics)
- CBF Overview
- CBF Configuration
- Lab 6: Configuring CBF
Case Study (3 topics)
- VOIP Case Study Overview
- VOIP Case Study: Ingress Node
- VOIP Case Study: Transit and Egress Nodes
Appendix A: CoS Processing on M Series, T Series, and MX Series Devices (4 topics)
- M Series and T Series Architecture
- M Series and T Series CoS Packet Handling
- IQ2 PIC CoS Packet Handling
- MX Series (DPC and MPC/MIC) Architecture and CoS Packet Handling
Students should attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course, and the Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) course, or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class. General knowledge of CoS concepts is also helpful.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Introduction to the JUNOS Operating System
This 3-day course provides a technical overview of the JUNOS Operating System.
JUNOS Intermediate Routing
This 2-day JUNOS Intermediate Routing course provides delegates with intermediate routing knowledge and configuration examples.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Zoom Virtual Centre