Management of Value (MoV®) Foundation and Practitioner
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This five day interactive course provides delegates with a clear understanding of the guidance designed to help maximise value within the achievement of programme and project objectives and the delivery of key stakeholder requirements.
Through attending this training course delegates will be able to assist their organisations to focus on maximising value by implementing principles that will help to:
- achieve transformational change more quickly
- contribute to an improvement in decision-making and policy-making
- meet the need to do more with less and to balance the increasing demands with available resources without compromising on quality
- maximise returns on investments.
This course includes the Foundation and Practitioner level examinations.
The course uses relevant case-studies and accelerated-learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of MOV. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on these activities.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand a proven methodology comprising a unique set of principles, processes and techniques, and in particular how:
- to clarify their organisation's objectives and value priorities
- MoV® can be applied within an operational environment
- to organise and contribute to MoV® studies
- the tailoring and embedding of MoV® within an organisation can be approached
This course is aimed at individuals who have no prior knowledge or experience and who wish to acquire sufficient knowledge to enable them to contribute positively to any project or improvements in the operational environment. It will further equip these delegates to take the Management of Value Foundation (MOVF) and the Management of Value Practitioner (MOVP) examinations.
The course will be equally beneficial to anyone responsible for, or supporting portfolio, programme, or project management in the public or private sectors operational efficiency improvement initiatives.
MOV Foundation Examination:
All delegates will sit the MoV® Foundation examination in the late afternoon (3pm) of the
third day of the course. The exam consists of:
Key exam information:
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- 50% pass mark
Throughout the MOV Foundation course, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.
MOV Practitioner Examination:
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm that you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor MoV in a scenario situation. The experience of the individual, the level of support available and the complexity of the situation to which MoV is to be applied will be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
The examination is scheduled for 13:00 on the fifth day of the course.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to MoV (5 topics)
- What is value
- What is MoV
- Why it is needed
- Its place in the Cabinet Office Best Practice Guidance
- Its relationship to other management methods
The 7 MoV Principles (7 topics)
- Align with organisation's objectives
- Focus on functions and required outcomes
- Balance the variables to maximise value
- Apply throughout the investment decision
- Tailor to suit the subject
- Learn from experience and improve performance
- Assign clear roles and responsibilities and build a supportive culture
The 7 MoV Processes (7 topics)
- Frame the programme or project
- Gather information
- Analyse information
- Process information
- Evaluate and select
- Develop Value Improving Proposals
- Implement and share outputs
MoV Techniques (1 topic)
- This part of the course covers the MoV specific techniques and common techniques that are frequently used with MoV.
Implementing MoV (5 topics)
- Planning MoV activities
- Responding to external and internal factor.
- Portfolio, Programme, and Project considerations
- Operational considerations
- Embedding MoV into an organisation
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects, programmes or an operational environment prior to attending the MOVF course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.