Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform Administration v5.5
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Administration 5.5 course is designed to train administrators (system, network, and storage) to successfully deploy Nutanix in the datacenter. The course covers all of the tasks Nutanix administrators perform, including configuring and maintaining a Nutanix environment. It also introduces basic Nutanix troubleshooting tools, offers tips for solving common problems and provides guidelines for escalating problems to Nutanix support.
This course covers new and updated features including:
- Support for VMware® vCenter 6.5
- Support for mixing allflash and hybrid SSD/HDD nodes within the same cluster
- Single-click, centralized upgrades of AOS on managed clusters and single-click registration of Prism Element
- Hot plugging of memory and CPU on virtual machines
- Support for Data Replication (Metro Availability and Synchronous Replication) across different hardware vendors
- Support for Citrix® XenServer® hypervisor
The primary audience for the course includes administrators, architects, and business leaders who manage Nutanix clusters in the datacenter and anyone who is seeking the Nutanix Certified Professional (NCP) certification. The secondary audience includes managers and technical staff seeking information to drive purchase decisions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (1 topic)
- The module introduces Distributed Storage Fabric (DSF):App Mobility Fabric (AMF) and the native Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV). Additionally, the module describes Prism and other Nutanix cluster components, including Acropolis.
Managing the Nutanix Cluster (1 topic)
- In this module, participants learn how to configure a Nutanix cluster, including setting up a name server and adding network connections. The module also shows how to use Prism Element to manage clusters and set up file system whitelists.
Securing the Nutanix Cluster (1 topic)
- This module shows how to secure a Nutanix cluster through user authentication, SSL certificate installation and cluster access control.
Networking (1 topic)
- In this module, participants learn how to manage networks using Open vSwitch (OVS). The module also describes how to configure bridges, bonds, and VLANs.
VM Management (1 topic)
- This module shows how to create and manage virtual machines. Participants learn how to create a guest VM and how to import a new image they can apply to the VM.
Health Monitoring and Alerts (1 topic)
- This module demonstrates how to use the Health Dashboard to monitor cluster health and performance in addition to configuring health checks for various components. The module also provides instructions for monitoring cluster performance and the handling and customization of system alerts and events Module 7: Distributed Storage Fabric.
Storage (1 topic)
- This module provides an overview of the various Nutanix storage components, including Storage Tiers, Pools, Containers, Volume Groups, vDisks, and Datastores/SMB Shares.
AHV Workload Migration (1 topic)
- This module shows how to migrate workloads in AHV.
Services (1 topic)
- This module demonstrates how Acropolis Block Services (ABS) provide high-availability, high-performance block storage through simple client configuration.
Business Continuity (1 topic)
- This module shows how Nutanix provides comprehensive data protection at all levels of the virtual datacenter: VM, file, and volume group.
Data Protection (1 topic)
- In this module, participants learn how to use the Prism Web Console to create a remote site and a Protection Domain.
Prism Central (1 topic)
- The module describes the multiple capabilities of Prism Central, including monitoring and managing multiple activities across a set of clusters. Module13: Maintaining theNutanixCluster This module introduces Nutanix Cluster Check (NCC), a framework of scripts that helps diagnose cluster health.
- Familiarity with traditional virtualization storage architectures.
- Comfort with Unix/Linux command line interface.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.