Industrial Control Systems Security Introduction
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This one day introductory course provides valuable insight into the weaknesses and vulnerabilities within common Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) environments. We will discuss infamous and more recent critical infrastructure cyber-attack case studies and the vital lessons learnt. Identify systems that are discoverable and understand suitable countermeasures, threats and ICS technical controls.
- Control systems – closed loop systems
- ICS logic systems – relay, ladder, programmable systems
- ICS security
- Control system vulnerabilities and weaknesses
- ICS technical security controls
- Discoverable systems - countermeasures
- Governance and standards
This course is aimed at operational / engineering teams, IT staff and security practitioners working in public and private sectors who are looking to gain and insight and awareness of the security vulnerability exposure and defensive countermeasures for industrial control systems.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to ICS and SCADA (11 topics)
- Control systems
- Closed loop systems
- Relay logic
- Programmable logic controllers
- PLC Programming
- Sequential function charts
- Ladder logic
- ICS Network protocols
- ICS Security
Introduction to Industrial Control Systems Security (13 topics)
- When control systems go wrong
- Critical national infrastructure (CNI)
- Centre for the protection of national infrastructure (CPNI)
- Vulnerable systems
- Case study - STUXNET, Black Energy
- Not all ICS systems are designed with security in mind
- ICS common vulnerabilities
- Visible & discoverable ICS systems
- Risk management
- Defence in depth modified Purdue Model
- Typical ICS technical security controls
- Governance regulations
- Security standards
There are no prerequisites for this course, however, participants are expected to have a basic understanding of computers and the internet.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.