BCS Professional Certificate in Team Leadership
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Managing people effectively and appropriately can be the make or break of success. This certification assesses knowledge and understanding of the concepts, tools and techniques used to successfully lead and manage teams for high performance as well as a range of best-practice models for leadership, management and interpersonal skills, which are required in the modern workplace.
Key areas of the course include:
- Models for Team Leadership
- Adair’s Action Centred Leadership
- Goleman’s EQ
- Hersey & Blanchard’s Situational Leadership Model
- Whitmore’s GROW model
- Leadership vs management
- Leadership styles
- Performance Management
- Examination on the afternoon of day 2
Please note that the course timetable is designed to include coverage of new content up to around mid-afternoon on day 2.
Delegates should be prepared to spend around 2-3 hours on pre-course reading/preparation and 2 hours on homework and revision activities.
This may include activities set by the instructor as appropriate.
- Understand the impact of management and leadership behaviour on teams, individuals and the organisation
- Understand the importance of being a behavioural role model for the team
- Identify the benefits and drawbacks of different leadership styles
- Describe the key factors that will influence the choice of leadership style in your team
- Describe appropriate actions to enhance leadership behaviour in the context of Adair’s Action Centred Leadership
- Assess own leadership and management behaviours and potential in the context of Goleman’s EQ using feedback from others
- Understand how communication affects team behaviour and performance
- Explain how to communicate and influence effectively
- Describe a range of tools to engage and empower individuals and teams
- Understand the value of managing performance for organisational and individual needs
- Explain how to manage team members in the context of Hersey & Blanchard’s Situational Leadership Model®
- Describe how to set clear and performance objectives, which are aligned with organisational strategy and vision
- Understand how to evaluate and manage the performance of individuals in the team
- Describe the value of performance feedback and how to provide it effectively using a range of tools
- Explain how Whitmore’s GROW model can be used to coach team members to high performance
- Identify a range of techniques for dealing constructively with underperformance
- Understand how to prioritise work effectively in a changing environment
- Describe techniques for decision-making which support different levels of team empowerment
- Understand the effects of organisational change on individuals
- Describe effective communication strategies to lead the team through change
- Explain the managed process for implementing change
This certification is relevant for anyone wishing to gain an understanding of the key frameworks and techniques applied when leading teams.
The certification will be of benefit to anyone responsible for leading teams on business change projects, in particular senior business analysts.
Note that if you are intending to work towards the BCS Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis then you must already have the International Diploma in Business Analysis. Please also see the Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis Certification path.
If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable please contact your Account Manager.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Leadership (2 topics)
- Definition of Leadership
- Leadership Theories
Team Leadership (3 topics)
- Responsibilities of the Team Leader
- Leadership Styles
- Action Centred Leadership
Emotional Intelligence (4 topics)
- Building Trust
- Concept of EQ
- EI Competencies
- Strategies for Developing Emotional Awareness
Participative Leadership (2 topics)
- Team Engagement & Empowerment
- Situational Leadership
Positive Communication (5 topics)
- The Betari Box
- Mehrabian's Rule
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict MODE Instrument
- Communication Styles
Managing Team Performance (5 topics)
- Definition of Performance
- Setting Performance Objectives
- Evaluating Performance
- Situation-Behaviour-Impact model
- Coaching for Performance
Managing Time and Priorities (3 topics)
- Identifying Priorities
- Managing Time
- The Time Management Matrix
Leading Teams Through Change (4 topics)
- Impact of Change
- The Change Curve
- Communicating Change
- Implementing Change
This 2-day specialist course leads to the BCS Professional Certificate in Team Leadership.
There are no specific pre-requisites for attending the course, however it is assumed and strongly recommended that delegates have 5+ years’ experience of Business Analysis and/or hold the existing BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
The course syllabus is aimed at obtaining a level of knowledge at K4 (‘Analyse’ according to Bloom’s taxonomy). See the following link for more details about knowledge levels, www.bcs.org/levels.
Prerequisites for including this course as part of the Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis:
This course is one of the 4 BCS professional certificates offered by QA which can be combined and lead to the Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis.
If you are planning to work towards obtaining the Advanced Diploma then you must already hold the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis and provide further evidential criteria, see below for details.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|