Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: High Availability
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II teaches you how to build robust clusters that provide high availability and the ability to run large numbers of applications. You will learn about OpenShift integration with datacenter infrastructure such as load balancers, identity management, monitoring, proxies, and storage. You will also develop more troubleshooting and Day 2 operations skills in this course.
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform 3.6.
You will design an OpenShift HA cluster, then build and test it. You will use this cluster to examine more advanced topics in the administration and operation of a robust OpenShift cluster in the remainder of the course.
- Design and install a highly available cluster.
- Provision persistent storage using dynamic allocation.
- Install the GlusterFS Container Native Storage solution on an OpenShift cluster.
- Enable log aggregation across the cluster.
- Perform diagnostics on the cluster.
- Back up and restore critical data for the cluster.
- Manage OpenShift and operating system resources to keep the cluster running efficiently.
- Configure the LDAP security provider.
- Describe and install the Open vSwitch multitenant software-defined networking provider.
This course is designed for Linux® system administrators who want to deploy and manage a large-scale Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform environment in their datacenters.
In order to attend any Red Hat course or exam, you will need to provide us with your uniqueue Red Hat Network ID. Bookings will not be confirmed without this. If you do not have a Red Hat Network ID you can create one by clicking here.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact one of our training specialists.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Design a highly available cluster (1 topic)
- Design an OpenShift cluster that supports high availability and resiliency.
Prepare to install an HA cluster (1 topic)
- Configure the advanced installer and prepare the cluster environment for HA installation.
Configure OpenShift to use custom certificates (1 topic)
- Configure the OpenShift cluster to use custom certificates.
Build an HA cluster (1 topic)
- Use the advanced installation method to build an HA OpenShift cluster.
Provision persistent storage (1 topic)
- Describe storage providers, configure a provider, create a storage class, and test the configuration.
Enable log aggregation (1 topic)
- Consolidate useful data for analysis by enabling the log aggregation feature.
Maintain an OpenShift cluster (1 topic)
- Perform recurring maintenance activities on an OpenShift cluster.
Manage system resources (1 topic)
- Manage operating system and cluster resources for optimal performance.
Configure security providers (1 topic)
- Configure security providers and advanced security options.
Configure networking options (1 topic)
- Configure various advanced networking features and options.
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Attend Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Attend Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) or demonstrate equivalent experience with OpenShift
- Recommended, but not required: become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (EX280)
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes
This 2-day course provides an introduction to building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster with Red Hat OpenShift.
Red Hat OpenShift Administration I
This 3-day course provides the skills required to administer the Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online